Politics

IT’S OFFICIAL: Covington Student to SUE CNN for $250 MILLION Over ‘Vicious Attacks’

posted by Hannity Staff - 3.09.19

The Covington High School student who recently sued the Washington Post is set to launch another legal battle against CNN; claiming the news network launched a series of unfounded “vicious attacks” against a minor earlier this year.

“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,” said the student’s lawyer L. Lin Wood.

“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false,” he added.

“Now you say you’ve seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him,’” said Wood.

The lawyer said the lawsuit will likely be filed “Monday, Tuesday at the latest.”

Read the full report at Fox News.

MEDIA MELTDOWN: Washington Post Blames Covington Student Fiasco on… TRUMP SUPPORTERS

posted by Hannity Staff - 1.23.19

Days after the mainstream media went on a full-fledged meltdown surrounding a group of Catholic High School students, the Washington Post found the true culprit behind the breathless coverage: ‘The Trump Internet.’

The Post explained their lop-sided coverage this week in an article titled, “A viral story spread. The mainstream media rushed to keep up. The Trump Internet pounced.”

“It took close to 48 hours for reporters, and a divided America, to fully grasp what had occurred, and to whom. At that point, President Trump weighed in with a tweet supportive of the Covington schoolboys, kicking the dust cloud up anew,” writes the Post.

“But when new details shifted the story into more ambiguous territory, a well-oiled machine of pro-Trump personalities and sites saw an opportunity to strike,” adds the authors.

“The pro-Trump Internet has, for years, worked to create a media environment that is designed to destroy the traditional news media and replace it,” explains the Post.

Read the full report here.

TWEET DELETE: Rep. Omar Quietly Deletes Tweet Slamming Covington Students after Backlash

posted by Hannity Staff - 1.23.19

Recently sworn-in Rep. Ilhan Omar quietly deleted her infamous tweet slamming the Covington Catholic students on social media Wednesday; removing her post after an avalanche of criticism and outrage from users across the country.

“Freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., has apparently deleted an overnight tweet going after Covington Catholic students anew, after facing a social media backlash for her comments,” writes Fox News.

“The boys were protesting a woman’s right to choose & yelled ‘it’s not rape if you enjoy it’ … They were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants … Sandmann’s family hired a right wing PR firm to write his non-apology,” she tweeted.

Omar’s tweet seemingly ignored revised footage that showed the full context of an exchange between the students, a group of religious activists, and the Native American Tribal Leader.

Read the full report at Fox News.

What you Think

Thank you for visiting Hannity.com. You are about to leave
Hannity.com and proceed to a site owned and operated by a third party.
Hannity.com has no control over the content of this third-party site.
Click OK to proceed.
OK
X
You may if you would no longer like to receive a newsletter.
You have been successfully unsubscribed!
Please see our Terms of Use and Privacy Notice .
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.