A Florida judge set bail at $500,000 for the brother of Parkland, Florida shooter Nikolas Cruz Tuesday after the sibling broke into the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School to “reflect” on the mass murder and “soak it in.”
According to NBC News, Judge Kim Theresa Mollica set the staggering bond for 18-year old Zachary Cruz; ordering the young man to undergo psychological evaluation and voluntarily hand-over any firearms he may possess.
The Prosecutor had initially sought bail at $750,000, warning the courts Cruz “has all the same flags present as his brother.”
“Weeks after his brother murdered, injured and terrorized the school, he is there with no legitimate purpose,” the attorney added.
The news comes as the courts ordered Zachary Cruz to cease all contact with his brother after he reportedly told the mass murderer the two should start a “fan club” ahead of his sentencing.
Most concerning he has been at jail to see brother & talking about how popular Nikolas Cruz is now & the brothers should start a fan club @WPBF25News
— Terri Parker (@wpbf_terri) March 20, 2018
RED FLAGS: Cops Sent to FLORIDA GUNMAN’S Home 39 Times Since 2010
Less than two-days after 19-year old gunman Nikolas Cruz opened fire at a south Florida high school killing seventeen people, new details are emerging about the suspect’s troubled past; including revelations that local police were dispatched to Cruz’s home at least 39 separate times.
According to the New York Post, the Broward County Sheriff’s Department responded to 39 incidents at the gunman’s residence over the previous seven years; saying the “nature of the emergencies” varied from “child/elderly abuse” to suspicion of a “mentally ill person” on the premises.
Cruz confessed to the mass shooting earlier this week, with his public defender describing the former student as a “deeply disturbed, emotionally broken” juvenile.
“He’s gone through a lot in a very short period of time and that does not minimize the loss of those families, but we have to put that into the proper light,” the defender said. “He is suffering from significant mental illness and significant trauma and he has some very difficult decisions to make shortly and we’re going to assist him with those decisions.”
The recent revelations raise serious questions over how a “deeply disturbed” youth who claimed on social media he wanted to become a “professional school shooter” slipped through the cracks.
On Thursday, the FBI admitted they received a tip from a YouTube user over Cruz’s alleged comments on social media, but were “unable” to determine the individual’s “true identity.”
MORE RED FLAGS: Florida Gunman REFUSED MENTAL TREATMENT After 18th Birthday
Florida gunman Nikolas Cruz refused to receive state-funded mental services after his 18th birthday, declining the district’s treatment he’d been administered for years despite the School’s Superintendent’s best efforts.
The self-confessed shooter who took the lives of 17 individuals at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School earlier this month refused mental health services he’d been receiving previously, telling officials it was no longer needed.
“When Nikolas Cruz turned 18, he refused to let the school district continue providing him with crucial mental health and other services — and there was nothing officials could do about it, Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said Monday,” writes the Sun Sentinel.
“You can’t make someone do something when the law says they have the right to make that determination,” Runcie added.
The news of Cruz’s refusal to receive the necessary treatment is just another red flag missed by local law enforcement and the FBI.
Earlier this week, the Broward County Sheriff’s Department came under fire after revealing it had been notified at least 45 times over Cruz’s erratic and suspicious behavior.