Venezuela’s socialist President Nicolas Maduro abruptly severed “all ties” with the United States Wednesday; ordering the removal of all diplomats hours after President Trump recognized his opposition leader as the “interim President.’
“Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro on Wednesday said he’s cutting off relations with the U.S., and giving U.S. diplomats 72 hours to abandon the country,” writes Fox News.
“The socialist leader ordered a close review of Venezuela’s relationship with the U.S. after the Trump administration officially recognized opposition leader Juan Guaido as the nation’s interim president,” adds the article.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
ON THE BRINK: Venezuela Accuses Colombia of Harboring Anti-Maduro ‘Assassins’
Venezuela’s socialist leaders slammed the Colombian government Monday; directly accusing the neighboring nation of “shielding” anti-Maduro assassins seeking to overthrow the brutal regime.
According to Yahoo News, Caracas released an official statement blasting Colombia’s government of placing “Colombian institutions at the service of obscure and unspeakable interests against the government of Venezuela, endorsing and supporting all sorts of actions and conspiracies.”
Venezuela believes Colombian-backed agents were behind a failed assassination attempt earlier this year that utilized aerial drones to attack President Maduro during a military parade in the nation’s capital.
“Colombia has taken in more than half the 1.9 million refugees the United Nations says have fled Venezuela since 2015 as the collapse of the economy — under an increasingly authoritarian Maduro — led to dire shortages of food and medicine,” adds Yahoo.
Read the full report here.
ON THE BRINK: Venezuela’s Maduro Says President Trump is ‘OUT TO KILL’ Him
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro escalated his war-of-words with the Trump administration Friday; directly accusing the White House of organizing multiple assassination attempts against the socialist leader.
Maduro was speaking during a televised broadcast when he claimed multiple “hit jobs” had originated from inside Washington; saying assassins have been “given the order from the White House.”
Nicolas Maduro announces Trump administration is trying to kill him https://t.co/tX8Ij03vFD
— MailOnline Video (@MailOnlineVideo) October 12, 2018
“From the United States, they have decided to kill me,” said Maduro.
“They have given the order from the White House that Maduro is to be killed […] They will not even touch a single hair of mine, because God and the people of Venezuela protect me.”