President Trump addressed the nation Wednesday afternoon after an Iranian missile strike on US troops in Iraq; saying Tehran “appears to be standing down” while vowing the Islamic Regime “will never have a nuclear weapon.”
“No Americans were harmed in last night’s attack by the Iranian regime,” said the President. “Iran appears to be standing down, which is a good thing for all parties concerned.”
“The fact that we have this great military and equipment, however, does not mean we need to use it. … We do not want to use it,” he added.
“U.S. defense officials told Fox News the U.S. military did not attempt to shoot down the ballistic missiles fired from Iran because there were no American military assets in place to intercept them. The Patriot and Avenger anti-missile defense systems are deployed to other locations in the Middle East, but not to the two Iraqi bases targeted by Iran. Officials say the American assets are in high demand and short supply around the world,” reports Fox News.
Watch the President’s full address above.
AMERICA RESPONDS: US Airstrike Kills Iranian General, Other Military Officials at Baghdad Airport
The United States launched an airstrike Thursday evening that resulted in the death of an Iranian general and other military officials at Baghdad International Airport in Iraq, according to Fox News.
“The Pentagon confirmed Thursday evening that Trump had ordered the attack that killed Soleimani and other military officials at Baghdad International Airport in Iraq. Iran’s top ‘shadow commander’ was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more, the State Department said,” reports Fox.
“I think the Iranian leadership understands President Trump will take action. … We made very clear that these responses would be swift and decisive. We have now demonstrated that. I hope the Iranian leadership will see that and see American resolve and that their decision will be to de-escalate and take actions consistent with what normal nations do. In the event that they do not and they go in the other direction, I know that President Trump and the entire United States government is prepared to respond appropriately,” said Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
“He’s got hundreds of American lives and blood on his hands. What was sitting before us was his travels throughout the region, his efforts to make a significant strike against Americans. There would have been many Muslims killed as well, Iraqis and people in other countries. It was a strike that was aimed at disrupting that plot, disrupting further aggression and we hope, setting the conditions for de-escalation as well,” he added.
Read the full report here.
Source: Fox News
ANOTHER CONSPIRACY? AOC Says ‘Powerful People’ at Trump Hotel Trying to ‘Bribe the President into War'
Embattled Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez found another conspiracy theory to promote regarding President Trump Friday; suggesting rich people staying at his hotel are “bribing the President into war.”
“NEW: We got leaked documents detailing 1,200+ different stays at @realDonaldTrump’s hotel. Here’s the guest who stayed the longest: a sheikh who wants to be president of Iraq, and who wants the U.S. to strike Iran. He spent 26 nights in a suite,” said a reporter with the Washington Post.
“Sure looks like powerful people are trying to bribe the President into war,” responded Ocasio-Cortez
Sure looks like powerful people are trying to bribe the President into war. https://t.co/e4L4YcrGKp
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) June 7, 2019
The accusation is the latest conspiracy theory promoted by leading Democrats. Last week, Rep. Ilhan Omar said the White House was “weaponizing” the US Census to target minorities.
“It’s now explicit: Trump is weaponizing the Census to benefit ‘Republicans and Non-Hispanic Whites.’ This is an attack on democracy and in any other Administration, it would be a multi-year scandal,” posted Omar on social media.
It's now explicit: Trump is weaponizing the Census to benefit "Republicans and Non-Hispanic Whites."
This is an attack on democracy and in any other Administration, it would be a multi-year scandal. https://t.co/EuyWT5P9VZ
— Rep. Ilhan Omar (@Ilhan) May 30, 2019
The far-left legislator found herself in hot-water earlier this week when she posted -then deleted- a Tweet that claimed Latin American migrants could never enter the United States using President Trump’s proposed “Merit-based” immigration system.
“A ‘merit based’ immigration policy is fueled by racism towards the Latinx community,” Omar wrote. “Our immigration policies shouldn’t be based on discrimination, fear, or bigotry. We should welcome immigrants to our country and offer a simple way to citizenship.”
Sen. Ted Cruz, the son of a Cuban immigrant who earned Math Degree and became a computer program, slammed Omar’s comments as deeply “troubling.”
“As the son of a Cuban immigrant whose Dad came to get a math degree & become a computer programmer, I’m troubled that Dems seem to believe Hispanic immigrants can’t qualify for skills-based legal immigration. Bringing in more scientists, engineers & doctors is good for US jobs,” posted Cruz.