The Washington Post issued major corrections to dozens of articles regarding the debunked, anti-Trump Steele Dossier this week after new revelations showed the document was sourced by insiders close to Hillary Clinton.
“The Washington Post made headlines last week when it corrected and altered two stories that inaccurately identified a key source of the discredited anti-Trump Steele dossier – but the paper also added editor’s notes to at least 14 other reports,” reports Fox News.
“The two stories, published in March 2017 and February 2019, were changed when the newspaper’s executive editor, Sally Buzbee, said she could no longer stand by their accuracy. The post added editor’s notes, amended headlines, removed sections identifying Sergei Millian as the source and deleted an accompanying video summarizing the articles,” adds Fox.
“An earlier version of this story published March 29, 2017, referred to previous reporting in The Washington Post that Belarusan-American businessman Sergei Millian had been a source of information for a dossier of unverified allegations against Donald Trump. In November 2021, The Post removed that material from the original 2017 story after the account was contradicted by allegations in a federal indictment and undermined by further reporting. References to the initial report have been removed from this piece,” the Post added to the online version of the article.
Read the full report at Fox News.
A LITTLE LATE: Washington Post ‘Corrects, Removes Parts of Two Stories Regarding Steele Dossier’
The Washington Post officially “corrected and removed parts of two stories” Friday after new revelations showed large portions of the so-called ‘Steele Dossier’ were either debunked or originated from political insiders close to Hillary Clinton and other members of the Democrat Party.
“The Washington Post on Friday took the unusual step of correcting and removing large portions of two articles, published in March 2017 and February 2019, that had identified a Belarusian American businessman as a key source of the ‘Steele dossier,’ a collection of largely unverified reports that claimed the Russian government had compromising information about then-candidate Donald Trump,” writes the newspaper.
“The newspaper’s executive editor, Sally Buzbee, said The Post could no longer stand by the accuracy of those elements of the story. It had identified businessman Sergei Millian as ‘Source D,’ the unnamed figure who passed on the most salacious allegation in the dossier to its principal author, former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele,” adds the Post.
Donald Trump has denied the veracity of claims made in the Dossier since the document was published by BuzzFeed News two months after the 2016 Election.
The material was previously shared with the FBI and used to substantiate surveillance warrants against insiders close to the Republican candidate.
Read the full report at the Washington Post.
ANTI-TRUMP AMNESIA: GOP Rep. Says Ohr Has ‘POOR MEMORY’ Surrounding Steele Relationship
GOP Rep. Darrel Issa accused DOJ official Bruce Ohr of having a “poor memory” during his Congressional testimony Tuesday; slamming the anti-Trump administrator after repeatedly deflecting questions surrounding his relationship with a former British spy.
Ohr appeared before the House Oversight and Judiciary Committee this week to answer serious questions about his behind-the-scenes dealings with Christopher Steele, the author of the debunked ‘Trump Dossier.’
“He seems to not remember a lot of details and, you know, poor memories are often claimed by people who want to stick to what they can say and not be caught in perjury,” said Rep. Issa.
“I don’t know if it’s improper but I want to know who at DOJ knew and it certainly looks like he continued to meet with Mr. Steele after the FBI had terminated their relationship with Mr. Steele,” added Rep. Jim Jordan following the hearing.
Read the full report at Fox News.