Project Veritas has released some shocking audio of South Carolina Democrat State Rep & U.S. Senate Candidate Krystle Matthews speaking to prison inmates and activists about breaking multiple campaign rules and calling for “sleeper agents” to run as Republicans.
Excerpts from the call below via Project Veritas:
- Matthews: “We need some secret sleepers. Like you need, we need them to run as the other side, even though they for our side. We need people to run as Republicans in these local elections. This is the only way you’re going to change the dynamics in South Carolina.”
- Matthews: “I still got to struggle to raise money for my campaign? Where the f*** is my black people with money? I don’t care about no dope money! Give me that dope boy money!”
- Matthews: “S***, where the f**king dope? Where the duffle bag boys? Get you- find me somebody from your family that don’t even know you donating to my campaign and put that s*** under they names.”
- Matthews: “Honestly, these ain’t the same type of black people that I grew up around. I don’t recognize these black people. So, I black because I don’t understand the type of black that they are. Now, can I talk intelligently? Can I- I could be. Listen, I can move in all kind of circles, but I’m a n**** at heart. I love black people. I feel safest around my people. “
- Matthews: “We need some folks that can wear all black at night and take they f****** yard signs down when they- when they sleeping.”
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene shared a clip of the recording, calling for Matthews to go to jail.
— Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸 (@RepMTG) June 26, 2022
Senator Tim Scott (R-SC) called into the Kelly Golden Show and offered up his thoughts on the bombshell recording.
“We have to be very careful about vetting our candidates through the primary process,” Scott says. “[She was saying] become a Republican in name only, and that’s something we should all push back against.” Listen to his reaction below.
Matthews has yet to respond to the leaked recording.