Barack Obama’s former Attorney General Eric Holder announced this week that he’s actively “thinking about” running for the White House in 2020 but hasn’t made up his mind about the possible race.
The senior Obama aide was speaking with MSNBC when he was asked if he was considering challenging President Trump just two years from now; saying he hasn’t “made a decision yet.”
Is Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder running for president?
"Yeah, I'm thinking about it," he tells @chrislhayes
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) April 18, 2018
“I’m thinking about it,” Holder said. “But I have not made any decisions on it.”
“I think our democracy is under attack. If you look at the question of gerrymandering, the question of voter suppression,” he added. “A lot of these things are falling by the wayside.”
Watch Holder’s admission above.
HELL FREEZES OVER: Joy Behar APOLOGIZES to MIKE PENCE After Mocking His Faith
Liberal comedian and co-host of ABC’s ‘The View’ reportedly apologized to Vice President Mike Pence after she publicly mocked his religious beliefs; claiming the national leader suffered from a “mental illness” because he believes in the power of prayer.
Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed Behar’s apology during a shareholder meeting Thursday, telling investors she apologized shortly after her outrageous comments.
“What do you say to the tens of millions of Christians, and President Trump supporters, that your networks have so blatantly offended and ascribed hateful labels?” asked Justin Danhof, a shareholder and general counsel for the National Center for Public Policy Research.
“Specifically, do you think, like Mrs. Hostin and Mrs. Behar, that the Christian faith is akin to a dangerous mental illness?” he pressed.
“I don’t know where I start. First of all, Joy Behar apologized to Vice President Pence directly. She made a call to him and apologized, which I thought was absolutely appropriate,” said Iger.
“I don’t think it was right,” he said, distancing himself from Behar’s vicious smear.
The left-wing comedian made national headlines last month when she equated the Vice President’s religious faith and belief in prayer with a “mental illness,” baselessly claiming Pence was “hearing voices.”
OBAMA ON EDGE: Trump's DOJ to RELEASE HIDDEN ‘Fast and Furious’ Documents
The Trump administration announced Wednesday its decision to release previously unseen documents relating to the “Fast and Furious” gun scandal that embroiled former Attorney General Eric Holder’s Department of Justice; confirming the records will be disclosed in days.
The sensitive material -which is set to be released to the House Intelligence Committee- had been previously withheld by Holder and former President Barack Obama, who used “executive privilege” to conceal the documents from the American people.
“The Department of Justice under my watch is committed to transparency and the rule of law. This settlement agreement is an important step to make sure that the public finally receives all the facts related to Operation Fast and Furious,” said Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
“We need to find out the truth, exactly what happened, how it happened, why it happened. We need Mr. Trump, President Trump, to unseal the documents, reverse executive privilege so that we know what happened, and that we can hold the people accountable that are responsible,” said the brother of a murdered Border Patrol Agent.
Operation Fast and Furious was a covert mission ran by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) that allowed Arizona gun store owners to knowingly sell weapons to members of Mexican drug cartels in the hopes of tracking the firearms back to Mexico.
Thousands of guns went missing, with some showing up at crime scenes across the border.