The Department of State has officially warned all US citizens planning to travel to North Korea to draft a final will and organize funeral arrangements; urging Americans inside the hermit kingdom to “prepare for the worst.”
The State Dept. issued the stark statement late last week, informing all individuals who wish to travel to the region for business, diplomatic, or personal reasons that the US is “unable to provide emergency services” to those needing help or citizens detained by the communist regime.
“Draft a will and designate appropriate insurance beneficiaries and/or power of attorney; discuss a plan with loved ones regarding care/custody of children, pets, property, belongings, non-liquid assets (collections, artwork, etc.), funeral wishes, etc.,” says a statement on the State Department’s website, detailing the “Level 4: Do Not Travel” advisory.
“North Korea has repeatedly supported acts of international terrorism including assassinations on foreign soil,” said President Trump late last year. “This designation will impose further sanctions and penalties on North Korea and related persons.”
The announcement comes as the world prepares to travel to South Korea ahead of the 2018 Winter Olympic Games.
North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un shocked world leaders just weeks ago when he wished Seoul “great success” in hosting the international competition, adding that he hoped to “ease military tensions” with his southern neighbors.
BEIJING BETRAYAL: China CAUGHT SNEAKING Oil Supplies to North Korea
South Korean authorities announced Friday it had detained a Chinese-based ship and its staff over reports the tanker was sneaking oil supplies to Kim’s regime; a violation of recent UN sanctions that barred such shipments to the communist nation.
According to UPI, officials in Seoul confirmed they had seized the Lighthouse Winmore, a ship registered in Hong Kong that allegedly smuggled over 600 tons of refined oil into North Korea last November; well after the United Nations adopted Resolution 2375 which banned the hermit kingdom from importing fuel.
President Trump weighed-in on the revelation on social media, saying he was “very disappointed” that Beijing refused to comply with the UN mandate, adding that no “friendly solution” to the North Korean crisis would be possible “if this continues.”
“Caught RED HANDED – very disappointed that China is allowing oil to go into North Korea. There will never be a friendly solution to the North Korea problem if this continues to happen!” Trump tweeted.
Caught RED HANDED – very disappointed that China is allowing oil to go into North Korea. There will never be a friendly solution to the North Korea problem if this continues to happen!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 28, 2017
South Korea’s seizure of a Chinese ship escalates already heightened tensions in the region; with dictator Kim Jong Un vowing to continue to test his rapidly expanding nuclear and missile programs.
BREACH: North Korean Hackers Steal Secret US Plan to 'Decapitate' Kim
Hackers from inside North Korea managed to steal covert war-plans from the United States and South Korean militaries in recent months, including a joint plot to assassinate dictator Kim Jong Un should war erupt on the peninsula.
According to the BBC, Rhee Cheol-hee –a South Korean lawmaker- confirmed the cyberattack, saying troves of covert military plans were illegally stolen from the Defense Ministry’s computer servers last September.
The legislator said over 235 gigabytes of military data had been compromised, including a secret plot to take out the North Korean despot if a nuclear launch was deemed inevitable.
Pyongyang denies the allegation, calling South Korea’s claims a “fabrication.” Mr. Lee, a member of his parliament’s Defense Committee, refused to elaborate further on what specific documents were compromised, but said US military plans were included in the breached material.
News that Kim likely has access to top-secret US military operations sent alarm-bells ringing throughout Washington and the region at large; raising the stakes as tensions between the two nations continue to escalate.
The President increased his pressure on the communist nation Monday, saying that 25-years of diplomacy and negotiations with North Korea had failed, pointing out that “only one thing will work.”