National

BIG APPLE BOUND: ‘Mail Bomb’ Suspect Cesar Sayoc to Face Trial in New York City

posted by Hannity Staff - 11.02.18

The Florida resident accused of mailing multiple “pipe bombs” to prominent Democrats across the United States will face trial in New York City; the location where Cesar Sayoc allegedly sent multiple “suspicious packages” and prompted the evacuation of CNN’s Manhattan offices.

According to Fox News, “Cesar Sayoc, wearing a khaki jumpsuit with a brown shirt underneath, accepted the change Friday at a bail hearing in Miami. He faces up to 48 years in prison if he is convicted on five federal charges filed against him in a New York court.”

The dangerous packages -described by the FBI as ‘not a hoax’- were sent to former President Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Eric Holder, Maxine Waters, John Brennan, Robert de Niro, and Cory Booker.

None of the devices allegedly created by Sayoc detonated and no one was injured during the bombing campaign.

Read the full story at Fox News.

THE SUSPECT: Authorities Identify ‘Mail Bomb’ Suspect as 56-Year Old Cesar Sayoc, Jr.

posted by Hannity Staff - 10.26.18

Federal authorities arrested a suspect in south Florida in connection with a series of “suspicious packages” sent to prominent Democrats Friday morning, with multiple media outlets identifying the man as 56-year old Cesar Sayoc, Jr.

“A law enforcement source told Fox News that the suspect is a white male in his 50s, a former New Yorker, who lives in Aventura, Florida, who had prior arrests for terroristic threats. Several of the packages went through a U.S. postal facility in Opa-locka, which is less than 10 miles from Aventura,” writes Fox News.

“DNA evidence played a role in the arrest of Cesar Sayoc, Jr., 56,” confirmed NBC News.

“A law enforcement official identified the suspect as Cesar Sayoc, 56, of Aventura, Fla. The official said Mr. Sayoc had a criminal history and ties to the New York area,” adds the New York Times.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

ANOTHER DEVICE: An Additional ‘Package’ is Intercepted Near CNN’s Atlanta Offices

posted by Hannity Staff - 10.29.18

An additional “suspicious package” was sent to CNN and seized by law enforcement at an Atlanta Post Office Monday; sparking new security concerns that additional devices may be en route after apprehending a lone suspect last week.

According to NBC News, “The bomb squads of both the FBI and Atlanta police rushed to the scene, which is about 1.2 miles from CNN headquarters in Atlanta.”

“An FBI spokesman declined to speculate if this package could be the work of suspect Cesar Sayoc. But law enforcement officials told NBC News that this mailing has ‘all the outward appearances’ of the suspect’s work,” adds the network.

Cesar Sayoc was arrested in south Florida late last week after federal authorities narrowed down the nationwide manhunt using forensic evidence and cell-phone data; ending a week-long manhunt after a dozen “packages” were sent to leading Democrats across the country.

Read the full story here.

+
Thank you for visiting Hannity.com. You are about to leave
Hannity.com and proceed to a site owned and operated by a third party.
Hannity.com has no control over the content of this third-party site.
Click OK to proceed.
OK
X
You may if you would no longer like to receive a newsletter.
You have been successfully unsubscribed!
Please see our Terms of Use and Privacy Notice .
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.