Failed Texas Senate hopeful Beto O’Rourke hinted at a potential run for the White House this week; publicly admitting he was not ruling out taking-on Donald Trump in 2020 despite previous denials.
O’Rourke was speaking at a Town Hall event in Texas when he was asked to comment on the Democratic nomination process poised to kick-off in just months.
“Running for Senate, I was 100 percent focused on our campaign, winning that race and then serving the next six years in the United States Senate,” said Beto. “Now that that is no longer possible, you know, we’re thinking through a number of things.”
The Texas congressman was then asked if his previous position from before his 2018 defeat to Sen. Ted Cruz had changed.
“Yeah, yeah it is,” said O’Rourke.
Read the full report at Politico.
BETO BOMBSHELL: New Video Shows Staffers Used Campaign Funds to ‘ILLEGALLY AID’ Migrant Caravan
Unbelievable undercover footage released by Project Veritas Thursday raises serious legal and ethical questions surrounding Beto O’Rourke’s senate campaign; revealing top staffers potentially violated federal law by using campaign finances to help undocumented workers traveling with the ‘migrant caravan.’
The bombshell video shows O’Rourke’s field manager and others scheming to help the migrants after crossing into the US; suggesting campaign workers use donations and other official funds and resources to assist Central American migrants entering the United States.
“You know that migrant caravan? A few of them got here already and they’re dropping them off like really close,” said a campaign field manager. “I’m going to get some food right now and some stuff to drop off.”
“Don’t ever repeat this stuff but like, if we just say we’re buying some food for an event, like Halloween events,” suggested another staffer.
“That’s not a horrible idea, but I didn’t hear anything,” said the manager. “I think we can use that with [prepaid campaign debit cards] to buy some food, all that sh*t can be totally masked.”
BETO ON BORDER: Trump ‘Locking’ Children in ‘Cages,’ Tear-Gassing Migrants
Failed Texas Senate hopeful Beto O’Rourke unloaded on the Trump administration’s handling of the ‘migrant caravan’ this week; baselessly asserting the White House was “locking” children in “cages.”
Beto posted his incendiary remarks online just hours after dozens of migrants were apprehended after storming the US border and hurling rocks at American authorities.
It should tell us something about her home country that a mother is willing to travel 2,000 miles with her 4-month old son to come here. How we respond when she arrives tells us something about ours. https://t.co/hrsfjh3drv
— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) November 26, 2018
“It should tell us something about her home country that a mother is willing to travel 2,000 miles with her 4-month old son to come here,” O’Rourke posted.
“[It] should tell us something about our country that we only respond to this desperate need once she is at our border,” O’Rourke continued. “So far, in this administration, that response has included taking kids from their parents, locking them up in cages, and now tear gassing them at the border.
“People are leaving violent countries where they fear for their lives,” he added. “Without money, they are subsisting on hope for their kids, for themselves, that they can get to safety. After being denied the ability to lawfully petition for asylum for the last 10 days, they are desperate.