CNN settled a lawsuit Tuesday with Covington Catholic Student Nick Sandmann; ending months of legal proceedings regarding the network’s coverage of an altercation at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC.
“The amount of the settlement was not made public during a hearing at the federal courthouse in Covington, Kentucky,” reports Fox 19. “Sandmann’s lawsuit sought $800 million from CNN, the Washington Post and NBC Universal.”
“This case will be tried not one minute earlier or later than when it is ready,” said Sandmann’s attorney Lin Woood.
Read the full report here.
Original Story: March 9, 2019
The Covington High School student who recently sued the Washington Post is set to launch another legal battle against CNN; claiming the news network launched a series of unfounded “vicious attacks” against a minor earlier this year.
“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,” said the student’s lawyer L. Lin Wood.
“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false,” he added.
“Now you say you’ve seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him,’” said Wood.
The lawyer said the lawsuit will likely be filed “Monday, Tuesday at the latest.”
Read the full report at Fox News.