4:05 PM ET – Carter Page, American petroleum industry consultant and a former foreign-policy adviser to Donald Trump during his 2016 presidential election campaign, who was unfairly targeted by his own government, namely the DOJ and FBI. Today he has breaking news.
EXCLUSIVE: Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page filed a lawsuit Thursday in federal court against the Democratic National Committee, law firm Perkins Coie and its partners tied to the funding of the unverified dossier that served as the basis for highly controversial surveillance warrants against him.
The suit was filed in U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois’ Eastern Division Thursday morning, and was described by his attorneys as the “first of multiple actions in the wake of historic” Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) abuse.
“This is a first step to ensure that the full extent of the FISA abuse that has occurred during the last few years is exposed and remedied,” attorney John Pierce said Thursday. “Defendants and those they worked with inside the federal government did not and will not succeed in making America a surveillance state.”
He added: “This is only the first salvo. We will follow the evidence wherever it leads, no matter how high. … The rule of law will prevail.”
5:05 PM ET – James O’Keefe, Founder and CEO of Project Veritas, has the next installment from his behind the scenes and undercover footage of Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders:
“In a new video released by Project Veritas Action Fund (PVA), two South Carolina Field Organizers for the Sanders Campaign, Mason Baird and Daniel Taylor, are secretly recorded admitting that the Sanders campaign attracts ‘truly radical people.’ They are also recorded brushing off the human rights atrocities committed by the Soviet Union and planning violence as a back-up plan depending on the outcome of Sanders’ election effort,” writes Project Veritas.
• Mason Baird, South Carolina Field Organizer, Sanders Campaign: “I’ve Canvassed with Someone Who’s an Anarchist, and with Someone Who’s a Marxist/Leninist. So, We Attract Radical, Truly Radical People in the Campaign…Obviously That’s Not Outward Facing.”
• Mason Baird: “A Lot of Those People Who Do That Kind of Work, are…Their Politics Fall Well Outside of the American Sort of Norm. So, They’re Marxist-Leninists, They’re Anarchists, They’re These Types of Folks, and um, and They Have More of a Mind for Direct Action, for Engaging in Politics Outside of the Electoral System.”
• Baird: “A Lot of the Stories We’re Told in the United States About, You Know, the Gulags and the Persecution of the Kulaks and Things Like That are Exaggerated…We Certainly Don’t Have, uh, a Straight Perspective on That Stuff Here in America.”
• Baird: “We Would Need a Federal Government and a Labor Movement That is Working Together to Strip Power Away from Capitalists and Preferably Directing That Violence Towards Property.”
• Baird: “It Would, it’s Gonna Take, You Know, it’s Gonna Take Militancy… Like a Militant Labor Movement That’s Willing to…Strike, and if Necessary, You Know, Just Destroy Property and Things Like That.”
• Daniel Taylor, South Carolina Field Organizer, Sanders Campaign: “We Don’t Want to Scare People Off, So You Kinda Have to Feel it Out Before You Get into the Crazy Stuff…More, More Extreme Organizations and Stuff Like Antifa, You Know You Were Talking About Yellow Vests and All That; But, You Know We’re Kinda Keeping That, Keeping That on the Back-Burner for Right Now.”
• Daniel Taylor: “It is Unfortunate That We Have to Make Plans for Extreme Action, But Like I Said, They’re Not Going to Give it to Us, Even if Bernie is Elected.”
5:30 PM ET – Burgess Owens is a former NFL player who was part of the 1980 Super Bowl-winning Oakland Raiders lineup, formally declared his candidacy for Congress in Utah’s 4th Congressional District, and intends to win it back for Republicans after the 2018 election of Democratic Rep. Ben McAdams. He stops by to talk about the Super Bowl and the impeachment trial and Senator Mitt Romney.