A pair of high schoolers in Ohio were suspended last week after carrying Thin Red Line and Thin Blue Line flags to honor First Responders during their team’s 9/11 football match.
“The boys are now suspended from their team after not heeding a warning to leave the Thin Blue Line and Thin Red Line flags that represent fallen firefighters and police officers off the field,” reports the local news channel.
“Were you trying to make some kind of a political statement here?” Local 12 asked Brady Williams, a senior football player.
“No,” fired back. “Not at all. I was just doing it to honor the people that lost their lives 19 years ago.“
“I don’t care what my consequences are. So long as my message gets across, I’ll be happy."
High school football players were suspended after honoring first responders on 9/11. https://t.co/8bOhNfXfCW
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 15, 2020
“Listen,” Williams added. “I don’t care what my consequences are. Ss long as my message gets across, I’ll be happy.”
“I was all for it,” said another student. “Because my dad is a firefighter, and if it had been him killed on 9/11, I would have wanted someone to do it for him.”
Read the full report here.
9/11 Tribute: Music Video by Michael W. Smith performing There She Stands
A song by Michael W. Smith remembering 9/11. Let us never forget.
'SOLIDARITY': Pro-Democracy Protesters in Hong Kong Suspend Daily Demonstrations to Respect 9/11
Pro-Democracy protesters in Hong Kong suspended their daily demonstrations Wednesday to mark the anniversary of the September 11th, 2001 terror attacks on the United States.
“In solidarity against terrorism, all forms of protest in Hong Kong will be suspended on Sept. 11, apart from potential singing and chanting,” the group said in a statement.
“They also denounced a Chinese state newspaper which reported that the protests were planning ‘massive terror’ in the semi-autonomous city,” reports The Hill.
Read the full report at The Hill.
Original Story: September 4, 2019
Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam officially withdrew a controversial extradition bill that would allow Beijing to extradite the region’s residents to the Chinese capital to stand trial; ending months of protests from pro-democracy demonstrators.
“The bill allowing Hong Kong residents to be sent to mainland China for trials sparked massive protests that have rocked the city since June. Lam had suspended the bill, but protesters wanted it entirely withdrawn,” reports Fox News.
“For more than two months, protests arising from the Fugitive Offenders Bill have continued,” Lam said in a prerecorded message Wednesday.
“There have been chaotic scenes at the airport and MTR stations; roads and tunnels have been suddenly blocked, causing delay and inconvenience to daily life,” Lam continued. “Visitors wonder whether our city is still a safe place for travel or business. Families and friends have been under stress, and arguments have flared.”
“For many people, Hong Kong has become an unfamiliar place. Incidents over these past two months have shocked and saddened Hong Kong people. We are all very anxious about Hong Kong, our home. We all hope to find a way out of the current impasse and unsettling times,” she added.
Read the full report at Fox News.