The Biden administration raised eyebrows among the global counter-terrorism community this week when it abruptly decided to remove a group whose motto is “Death to America” from the international list of deadly jihadi networks.
“The Biden administration responded to protests against its stolen election by embedding a domestic extremism office into the National Security Council. The man in charge of making it happen, Joshua Geltzer, had previously denied that Black Lives Matter was a terrorist threat and had attacked the Trump administration’s response to Antifa and BLM violence in Portland,” writes Front Page Magazine.
“Joe Biden, whose biggest bundlers included the Iran Lobby, announced he was ending support for American allies fighting the Houthis, and then went even further by preparing to remove the terrorist organization whose motto is, ‘Death to America’, which took American hostages and tried to kill American sailors, from the list of designated foreign terrorist organizations,” adds the outlet.
Read the full report at Front Page Magazine.
BREAKING: Trump Administration Designates Cuba ‘State Sponsor of Terrorism’ After Obama’s Reversal
The Trump administration officially re-designated Cuba’s communist regime a “state sponsor of terrorism” just years after President Barack Obama reversed the order.
“The Trump Administration has been focused from the start on denying the Castro regime the resources it uses to oppress its people at home, and countering its malign interference in Venezuela and the rest of the Western Hemisphere,” Secretary of State Michael Pompeo said in a statement.
“With this action, we will once again hold Cuba’s government accountable and send a clear message: the Castro regime must end its support for international terrorism and subversion of U.S.”
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Read the full report at Fox News.
'SOLIDARITY': Pro-Democracy Protesters in Hong Kong Suspend Daily Demonstrations to Respect 9/11
Pro-Democracy protesters in Hong Kong suspended their daily demonstrations Wednesday to mark the anniversary of the September 11th, 2001 terror attacks on the United States.
“In solidarity against terrorism, all forms of protest in Hong Kong will be suspended on Sept. 11, apart from potential singing and chanting,” the group said in a statement.
“They also denounced a Chinese state newspaper which reported that the protests were planning ‘massive terror’ in the semi-autonomous city,” reports The Hill.
Read the full report at The Hill.
Original Story: September 4, 2019
Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam officially withdrew a controversial extradition bill that would allow Beijing to extradite the region’s residents to the Chinese capital to stand trial; ending months of protests from pro-democracy demonstrators.
“The bill allowing Hong Kong residents to be sent to mainland China for trials sparked massive protests that have rocked the city since June. Lam had suspended the bill, but protesters wanted it entirely withdrawn,” reports Fox News.
“For more than two months, protests arising from the Fugitive Offenders Bill have continued,” Lam said in a prerecorded message Wednesday.
“There have been chaotic scenes at the airport and MTR stations; roads and tunnels have been suddenly blocked, causing delay and inconvenience to daily life,” Lam continued. “Visitors wonder whether our city is still a safe place for travel or business. Families and friends have been under stress, and arguments have flared.”
“For many people, Hong Kong has become an unfamiliar place. Incidents over these past two months have shocked and saddened Hong Kong people. We are all very anxious about Hong Kong, our home. We all hope to find a way out of the current impasse and unsettling times,” she added.
Read the full report at Fox News.