The 90th annual Academy Awards ceremony is hoping to avoid a ratings disaster and refocus their spotlight back on the movie industry; with the event’s producers telling late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel and others to dial-down their political agenda and make the star-studded event “as entertaining as possible.”
After a ratings debacle for this year’s Golden Globe Awards -which heavily featured the ‘Time’s Up’ and ‘Me Too’ movement- producers behind the Oscars are hoping to avoid a similar fate; telling presenters and guests to avoid politics and focus on “great performances.”
“We want to make it as entertaining as possible — reverential and respectful but also fun and emotional,” one of the lead producers told the New York Times. “The Oscars should be a spectacle. Fun and funny and great performances.”
“It should also be a giant commercial for the movie business, which we all need to keep going,” she added.
“We certainly want to honor and respect Time’s Up and allow that message to be heard,” said one executive at ABC, which will broadcast the event. “But we’re trying to make it more planned than spur of the moment — it has its moment and then doesn’t feel like it overshadows the artists and films being honored.”
AND THE AWARD GOES TO: Trump Announces FAKE NEWS ‘Winners’
Forget about the Golden Globes or Oscars this year. President Trump unveiled the ‘winners’ of the highly-anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards on Thursday night, naming names and calling-out the worst mainstream media offenders as they breathlessly attacked the President during his first 12-months in the Oval Office.
“2017 was a year of unrelenting bias, unfair news coverage, and even downright fake news. Studies have shown that over 90% of the media’s coverage of President Trump is negative,” writes the official GOP website. “Below are the winners of the 2017 Fake News Awards.”
AND THE AWARD GOES TO…
10. The New York Times baselessly claims on its front page that the Trump administration intentionally hid a “climate report.”
9. CNN falsely reports that former FBI director James Comey would contradict the President’s claims that he was not under investigation.
8. Newsweek asserts that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda refused to shake President Trump’s hand.
7. CNN FALSELY reports that Anthony Scaramucci’s met with a Russian official, but retracts it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”
6. CNN creates a phony video to make it appear President Trump “overfed” fish during a traditional ceremony in Japan alongside Prime Minister Abe.
5. The Washington Post reports that President Trump’s massive, sold-out rally in northern Florida is totally empty, with “dishonest reporters” posting pictures of the arena hours before the public was allowed to enter.
4. Time Magazine claims President Trump had a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. removed from the Oval Office.
3. CNN asserts that President Trump and his son Donald Trump, Jr. has access to hacked DNC emails obtained by WikiLeaks.
2. ABC News reporter Brian Ross makes bogus claims about the never-ending Russia investigation and sends the stock market into a free fall.
1. The New York Times claims on the day of President Trump’s historic win over Hillary Clinton that the US economy will “never” recover.
OUCH: Kellyanne Conway RIPS Hollywood Elites over Emmy Awards Disaster
Senior White House advisor Kellyanne Conway called-out liberal Hollywood elites for their three-hour long anti-Trump hate fest on Monday, saying the American people were “sick” of having their sporting events and awards shows turned into political lectures and left-wing rallies.
Conway was speaking with Fox News when she was asked to weigh-in on Sunday night’s Emmy Award show; an event that veered political within seconds.
“It did feel [like a Political rally.] I guess it’s sort of the sameness. They got plucked and polished and waxed and some of them didn’t eat for two months, and all for what? To sound the same?” said Trump’s senior aide.
“They have a right to speak, but if you’re America and you’re tuning in to watch your favorite actors and actresses and shows […] There is very little of that,” she added. “It’s between the Emmys, the Miss America pageant event was very politicized, our sports are very politicized, and it looks like the ratings are suffering. It looks like America is responding by tuning out.”
“They’re welcome to their opinion, but how does it really fit?” she asked.
Watch Conway call-out Hollywood above.