NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell may have closed the curtain on one of sports’ most controversial athletes in recent years; saying the league has mostly “moved on” from Colin Kaepernick and his national anthem protests.
Goodell was asked to comment on Kaepernick’s scheduled workout earlier this year; a publicity stunt that ultimately collapsed when his team relocated the event just hours before NFL officials arrived.
“This was about creating an opportunity. We created that opportunity. It was a unique opportunity, a credible opportunity,” Goodell said, according to Reuters, “and he chose not to take it. I understand that.”
“We’ve moved on,” he added.
A huge thank you to all the people that made this happen in ATL. From our receivers @brice_butler, @BruceElling10, @TheJordanVeasy, @ariwerts – my trainer Josh Hidalgo, the educators at Charles Drew HS & so many more. Can't thank everyone enough. We stay ready.🎥: @RAVisionMedia pic.twitter.com/2bwDjtlstN
— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) November 25, 2019
“The originally scheduled workout for Kaepernick appeared to be a breakthrough following a three-year dispute in which Kaepernick has been unable to get a job with an NFL team since he and the 49ers parted ways at the conclusion of the 2016 season,” reports Fox News. “The split followed the quarterback’s kneeling protests during the national anthem before 49ers games.”
Read the full report here.
Source: Fox News
GAME OVER: Kaepernick SNUBBED by Team After Refusing to STAND
The Seattle Seahawks reportedly gave Colin Kaepernick the boot from pre-season training after the out-of-work quarterback flat-out refused to quit his national anthem protest; adding they were “deciding” whether to offer the athlete a job for the upcoming season.
According to Fox News, the former 49er was contacted by the Seahawks weeks ago about a possible visit to the team’s headquarters for tryouts. Inside sources say the trip was canceled after officials demanded Kaepernick remain standing during the US national anthem
“The team reportedly asked Kaepernick if he would continue his protest if he was signed to the NFL again and he was ‘unwilling to give that assurance to them,’” writes Fox.
Kaepernick made national headlines throughout the 2016 season when he kicked-off the trend of player protests during the ‘Star-Spangled Banner.’
“The NFL should have suspended him for one game and he would have never done it again,” Trump told Sean Hannity last October. “They could have then suspended him for two games and they could have suspended him again if he did it a third time, for the season, and you would never have had a problem.”
GAME OVER: Kaepernick’s Possible Return to the NFL Takes a MAJOR HIT
Colin Kaepernick’s potential return to the National Football League hit a major roadblock this week, with the once-interested Seattle Seahawks reportedly ditching their efforts to hire the protesting player.
Kaepernick -widely credited with starting the trend of professional athletes taking a knee during the US anthem back in 2016- was disinvited from the Seahawks training session earlier this year after he refused to say whether he planned on continuing his protests into the next season.
According to one ESPN reporter, the Seattle Seahawks are “no longer” interested.
“Seahawks expressed interest in Kaepernick this off-season, but he no longer appears to be in their plans.”
Colin Kaepernick and his attorneys took depositions in his collusion grievance from Seahawks' HC Pete Carroll today and from GM John Schneider on Wednesday, per source.
Seahawks expressed interest in Kaepernick this off-season, but he no longer appears to be in their plans.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 10, 2018
The former 49ers quarterback has been struggling to return to the league after his on-field protests made national headlines; accusing President Trump and NFL officials of “colluding” to keep him off the rosters.