The Department of Defense presented a plan to the Trump administration this week that calls for the deployment of more than 120,000 American troops should Iran attack US targets or personnel in the region.
“At the direction of national security adviser John Bolton, acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan last week presented top White House national security officials with a plan to send up to 120,000 troops to the Middle East in the event that Iran ‘attack American forces or accelerate work on nuclear weapons,’” reports Axios.
The move comes days after the White House deployed an additional aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf after intelligence agencies warned Iran was relocating short-range missiles by sea.
“European allies who met with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday said that they worry that tensions between Washington and Tehran could boil over, possibly inadvertently,” adds the New York Times.
Read the full report here.
BIBI’S BOMBSHELL: Israeli PM ‘HAS EVIDENCE’ Iran Violating Nuclear Deal
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu revealed “dramatic” evidence Monday that the Iranian regime has been “lying” about its advanced nuclear weapons program; claiming the Islamic Republic was “hiding material” following the Obama-era agreement.
Netanyahu confirmed the revelation in a fiery press conference, adding that his government has received stunning new information in the previous “10 days” that the Iranian regime had relocated “half a ton” of covert files to a “secret location.”
“These files conclusively prove that Iran is brazenly lying when it says it never had a nuclear weapons program,” he said.
According to Fox News, Netanyahu briefed both President Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo over the weekend.
The new report raises serious questions over the future of the Iranian nuclear agreement, with President Trump expected to make his final decision over the international pact in the coming weeks.
BRINK OF WAR: Israel DESTROYS Iranian Forces in Syria After Rocket Attack
The Israeli Defense Forces launched an “unprecedented” counterstrike following an Iranian missile attack on the Golan Heights Thursday, destroying “nearly all” of the Islamic Republic’s military infrastructure throughout Syria.
Israeli officials confirmed they deployed fighter jets and used missiles to hit a wide range of targets across Syria, including military compounds, intelligence operations, warehouses, and other Iranian sites.
“The IDF will not allow the Iranian threat to establish itself in Syria. The Syrian regime will be held accountable for everything happening in its territory,” the press release read. “The IDF is prepared for a wide variety of scenarios.”
The Israeli Air Force destroyed "nearly all" of Iran's military infrastructure in Syria, according to Israel's defense minister, Avigdor Lieberman https://t.co/eG1ucSwYKY
— The New York Times (@nytimes) May 10, 2018
The fierce attack came just moments after Syrian-based Iranian forces fired roughly 20 rockets into northern Israel.
The United States slammed the Iranian missile strike Thursday, adding the US “strongly supports” Israel’s efforts to defend itself.
“The United States condemns the Iranian regime’s provocative rocket attack from Syria against Israeli citizens, and we strongly support Israel’s right to act in self-defense,” Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement. “The Iranian regime’s deployment into Syria of offensive rocket and missile systems aimed at Israel is an unacceptable and highly dangerous development for the entire Middle East.”