The 23-year old suspect behind a string of deadly explosions that rocked central Texas this month had a “hit list” of future targets; writing down locations he hoped to send his lethal “packages” as police closed in.
According to Fox News, the Chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security Rep. McCaul confirmed that Mark Anthony Conditt listed the locations and addresses of future targets; including “private residences” in the Austin-area.
“I think he had pulled these addresses, these were his future targets. It was a target list.” Said Rep. McCaul.
Local police and federal agents visited the possible targets Thursday morning, “clearing them” of potential explosive devices or other makeshift bombs.
“We were also able to use technology to find a digital footprint of where his cellphone had been, so that the key evidence was getting his cellphone number so that when he turned his cellphone immediately the SWAT teams descended on him at about 3 o’clock in the morning so we got close to him before he blew himself up,” added the GOP Rep.
BOMBER’S CONFESSION: Austin MADMAN Left Behind 25 MINUTE Confession Tape
The 23-year old suspect behind the deadly string of bombings that terrorized central Texas for weeks left behind a 25-minute confession tape; detailing his plans and bomb techniques before ultimately killing himself as law enforcement closed in.
Mark Anthony Conditt recorded the audio message on his phone; confessing to creating seven devices that killed two people and injured five more over the course of four weeks.
“Officers located the recording, in which Conditt, 23, described creating seven devices, including one he blew up during the conflict with police, Austin Police Chief Brian Manley said at a news conference,” writes Fox News. “The recording was made on a phone, which was found in the suspect’s possession following the confrontation.”
According to local law enforcement, Conditt never mentioned “anything about terrorism” nor did he discuss his motives behind the deadly bombings.
Despite having accounted for all seven devices, the FBI is urging Austin residents to “remain vigilant” should they encounter unexpected deliveries or suspicious packages.
EXPLOSIVE ENDING: Austin Suspect BLOWS HIMSELF UP as SWAT Approaches
The 24-year old suspect behind a string of devastating bombings that rocked Texas this month ended his life in dramatic fashion late Tuesday; blowing himself up as a SWAT team approached his vehicle.
According to Fox News, the bomber -identified as Mark Anthony Conditt- was killed outside his motel where he reportedly orchestrated his campaign of explosions that terrorized Austin and central Texas for four weeks.
“We wanted this to come to a peaceful resolution tonight,” said Austin Police Chief Brian Manley. “However, we were not afforded that opportunity when he started to drive away.”
“Police said the man detonated two package bombs as police closed in, firing at him. It was not immediately clear whether he died from the bombs or shots fired by police. One officer was knocked back by the blasts, but none were seriously hurt,” writes Fox.
Police are warning local residents that more “package bombs” may be out there, and are urging Texans to remain vigilant.
“We don’t know where he has been in the past 24 hours,” Manley said. “If you see something that looks suspicious, see something out of place, see something that gives you concern, call 911.”