Disgraced former FBI director James Comey unloaded on anti-Trump officials inside the Department of Justice during an interview published Monday; adding the agents showed “terrible judgment” by exchanging political text messages.
Comey was speaking with USA Today when he was asked to comment on Peter Strzok and Lisa Page; two anti-Trump DOJ employees who exchanged blatantly political text messages during and after the 2016 race for the White House.
“I had no idea,” Comey said “It really bugs me. I think it’s terrible judgment.”
“It doesn’t change my view of the case, but the FBI is a public-trust organization,” he added. “That they are bad-mouthing candidates using FBI [phones] is terrible.”
The former bureau boss goes on to say how disappointed his family was after Hillary’s electoral disaster, adding his wife “very much wanted a woman president; she very much wanted Hillary Clinton to be the first woman president.”
Read the full interview here.
CLINTON MAFIA: Comey Isn't the First to Compare a President to the MOB
Disgraced former FBI director James Comey took his war of words with President Trump to the next level this week; viciously comparing the Commander-in-Chief to a “mob boss” of an organized crime family.
Sara Carter points out that the bureau chief is hardly the first to call Trump a “mafia boss,” adding that former FBI director Louie Freeh publicly labeled the Clintons an organized crime family back in 1997.
“If former FBI Director James Comey believes he’s the first official to liken a president’s actions to that of the mafia, he would be sorely wrong. In Comey’s new book he says President Donald Trump worked for months to secure his loyalty through a series of meetings and phone calls during the transition period and compared the president to a mob boss,” writes Carter.
“The same happened to former President Bill Clinton. In fact, there was insurmountable evidence that came to light in the final weeks of Clinton’s 1996 campaign involving a Chinese fundraising scandal that plagued Clinton’s election and involved an FBI investigation, as well as Congressional hearings,” she adds.
Read the full story here.
COMEY’S REVENGE: Former FBI Chief Claims Memo ‘DESTROYED TRUST’ with Intel Community
Former Director of the FBI James Comey weighed-in on the controversial FISA memo released by the House Intelligence Committee Friday afternoon, blasting the document as “dishonest and misleading” and falsely claiming it “exposed” a classified investigation.
The former bureau chief -who was fired by President Trump last year for his botched investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server- posted his comments on social media within minutes of the document’s disclosure.
“That’s it? Dishonest and misleading memo wrecked the House intel committee, destroyed trust with Intelligence Community, damaged relationship with FISA court, and inexcusably exposed classified investigation of an American citizen. For what? DOJ & FBI must keep doing their jobs,” Comey tweeted.
That’s it? Dishonest and misleading memo wrecked the House intel committee, destroyed trust with Intelligence Community, damaged relationship with FISA court, and inexcusably exposed classified investigation of an American citizen. For what? DOJ & FBI must keep doing their jobs.
— James Comey (@Comey) February 2, 2018
While Comey may found the memo’s revelations “boring,” the explosive document shows the FBI and Department of Justice used the debunked ‘Trump Dossier’ to secure FISA court warrants against “at least one member” of the Trump campaign during the run-up to the 2016 election.