National

FLORIDA FURY: Gov. Scott SLAMS FBI, Demands Answers Over BOTCHED School Shooting Tip

posted by Hannity Staff - 2.19.18

Florida Governor Rick Scott called-on the FBI to publicly release information provided to the bureau just weeks before 19-year old Nikolas Cruz opened fire at a local high school; blasting the agency’s “inexcusable inaction” after it received specific information about the gunman.

Gov. Scott’s office released a statement Monday on the bureau’s “mishandling” of specific intelligence relating to Cruz, with one tip saying the shooter “possessed weapons” and may be in the final stages of planning a “school shooting.”

“Last week, our state and nation was shocked to learn of the FBI’s inexcusable inaction after receiving a tip informing them of Cruz’s desire to carry out a school shooting,” said Scott. “The FBI’s failure to initiate an investigation raises many questions, and the victims’ families deserve answers now.”

“Last week, I called on Director Wray to resign, and the FBI should release all records involving this terrible error. People in Washington tend to want to investigate, hold hearings and put off what truly needs to be done. Instead, someone needs to be held accountable,” he added.

The Governor’s comments come days after FBI Director Christopher Wray publicly admitted that his agency failed to follow “proper procedure” after it received information Cruz was planning his attack; pledging to prevent similar inactivity in the future.

FBI FALLOUT: Florida Governor Says FBI Director ‘NEEDS TO RESIGN’ Following School Shooting

posted by Hannity Staff - 2.16.18

Florida Governor Rick Scott is calling on FBI Director Christopher Wray to resign following the bureau’s admission that they failed to “follow procedures” after receiving a tip that gunman Nikolas Cruz was poised to launch his deadly school shooting.

The tip -which informed the agency that Cruz was likely to attempt a mass shooting in the coming weeks- went largely ignored by the bureau; similar to other information received by the FBI about the suspect’s disturbing posts on social media.

“The FBI’s failure to take action against this killer is unacceptable,” Scott said in a statement. “The FBI has admitted that they were contacted last month by a person who called to inform them of Cruz’s ‘desire to kill people,’ and ‘the potential of him conducting a school shooting,’” said Scott.

“Seventeen innocent people are dead and acknowledging a mistake isn’t going to cut it. An apology will never bring these 17 Floridians back to life or comfort the families who are in pain. The families will spend a lifetime wondering how this could happen, and an apology will never give them the answers they desperately need […] The FBI director needs to resign,” he added.

FLORIDA MASSACRE: Here’s what We Know About SUSPECT Nikolas Cruz

posted by Hannity Staff - 2.15.18

Less than 24-hours after a lone gunman opened fire at a local high school in south Florida, new details are slowly emerging about the suspect behind the mass shooting; revealing a “deeply disturbing” social media profile and red-flags that were likely missed by authorities.

Investigators believe 19-year old Nikolas Cruz is the lone gunman who shot and killed 17 people at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida; injuring many more as he opened fire on the students.

According to the Broward County Sheriff’s Department, Cruz was armed with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and multiple magazines. He was also carrying a gas mask and dozens of smoke grenades.

Cruz intentionally set off the school’s fire alarm system during the assault so “the kids would come pouring out of the classrooms into the hall.”

New details emerging in the hours after the attack show authorities likely missed multiple red flags.

Cruz was expelled from Stoneman High School for multiple “disciplinary infractions,” and posted videos of himself threatening “mass shootings” on YouTube.

Buzzfeed is reporting that the FBI was informed of Cruz’s disturbing social media posts in recent months after a YouTuber user reported a video where the suspect stated “I’m going to be a professional school shooter.”

“They came to my office the next morning and asked me if I knew anything about the person,” the 36-year old user told Buzzfeed. “I didn’t. They took a copy of the screenshot and that was the last I heard from them.”

+
Thank you for visiting Hannity.com. You are about to leave
Hannity.com and proceed to a site owned and operated by a third party.
Hannity.com has no control over the content of this third-party site.
Click OK to proceed.
OK
X
You may if you would no longer like to receive a newsletter.
You have been successfully unsubscribed!
Please see our Terms of Use and Privacy Notice .
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.