fbpx
International

DEVELOPING: Iran Attempts to Seize BRITISH SHIP in Persian Gulf, Royal Navy Thwarts Attack

posted by Hannity Staff - 7.11.19

Multiple Iranian gunships attempted to seize a British oil tanker in the Persian Gulf Wednesday; prompting a fierce response from the Royal Navy to thwart the potential attack.

“Five Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps gunboats tried to seize a British oil tanker in the Persian Gulf Wednesday but backed off after a British warship approached,” reports Fox News.

“The British warship was said to have been less than 5 miles behind the tanker but soon intercepted the Iranian boats and threatened to open fire. A manned U.S. reconnaissance aircraft was above as well, the official said, adding that Iranian forces left without opening fire,” adds Fox.

“Threats to international freedom of navigation require an international solution. The world economy depends on the free flow of commerce, and it is incumbent on all nations to protect and preserve this lynchpin of global prosperity,” said US Navy Captain Bill Urban.

The provocation comes days after President Trump issued a series of new sanctions on Iran’s top leadership.

“Today’s action follows a series of aggressive behaviors by the Iranian regime in recent weeks including shooting down a U.S. drone,” said the President inside the Oval Office, adding Khamenei is “responsible for the hostile conduct of the regime.”

“Trump said the sanctions ‘will deny the supreme leader and the supreme leader’s office and those closely affiliated with him and the office access to key financial resources and support.’ Speaking to reporters in the White House briefing room Monday, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the sanctions ‘lock up literally billions of dollars more of assets,’” reports Fox News.

“Along with that action today, we are also announcing specific actions targeting those responsible for recent activities,” Mnuchin added.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

'IT WAS IRAN': Israel Says TEHRAN Behind Gaza Mortar Barrage

posted by Hannity Staff - 5.30.18

Israeli officials publicly blamed Iran for the recent mortar attack on southern Israel Wednesday, saying Tehran was the “culprit” behind the barrage that included 180 Iranian-manufactured shells.

According to the Jerusalem Post, IDF Spokesperson Ronen Manelis confirmed the mortar shells were produced inside the Islamic Republic and smuggled into the region by Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

“Despite Israel’s intelligence superiority over terror groups, as well a blockade imposed both by the IDF and Egypt, Hamas and other terror groups in the Strip have restocked their supply of weapons in the four years since the last round of fighting between Israel and Hamas,” writes the Post.

“The mass-produced Iranian mortar shells used in Tuesday’s salvos were also used by Islamic Jihad in an attack in January and in a barrage 12 mortar shells fired toward an army outpost in November,” adds the author.

The revelation raises new questions over Iran’s influence in the region as the United States urges western allies and other nations to help clampdown on Tehran’s nuclear program.

BREAKING NOW: Iran Shoots Down US Navy Drone, Pentagon Says ‘Unprovoked Attack’ by Tehran

posted by Hannity Staff - 6.20.19

A US Navy Drone was shot-down over the Strait of Hormuz early Thursday in what Pentagon officials are describing as an “unprovoked attack” by Iran.

“A U.S. Navy high-altitude drone was shot down Thursday by an Iranian surface-to-air missile over the Strait of Hormuz amid heightened tensions in the region after last week’s attacks on two oil tankers, according to military officials,” reports Fox News.

“U.S. Central Command said in a statement the that a U.S. Navy Broad Area Maritime Surveillance ISR aircraft, known as a BAMS-D, was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile system while operating in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz at approximately 7:35 p.m. ET on Wednesday,” adds Fox.

“Iranian reports that the aircraft was over Iran are false,” Capt. Bill Urban, a U.S. Central Command spokesman, said in a statement. “This was an unprovoked attack on a U.S. surveillance asset in international airspace.”

According to US officials, the pilot-less plane -approximately the same size as  Boeing 737- was flying 17 miles from Iranian airspace when it was shot down by a single surface-to-air missile.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

What you Think

+
Thank you for visiting Hannity.com. You are about to leave
Hannity.com and proceed to a site owned and operated by a third party.
Hannity.com has no control over the content of this third-party site.
Click OK to proceed.
OK
X
You may if you would no longer like to receive a newsletter.
You have been successfully unsubscribed!
Please see our Terms of Use and Privacy Notice .
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.