Lawyers for former FBI boss Andrew McCabe officially asked the Department of Justice to drop its investigation into their client Thursday; calling the probe “flawed” and a “waste of governmental resources.”
“McCabe’s attorneys, Michael Bromwich and David Schertler, on Thursday blasted the probe as a ‘waste of governmental resources.’ They also ripped the U.S. Attorney’s office in the District of Columbia for providing them with ‘no information’ in response to their requests regarding the status of the probe into their client,” reports Fox News.
“This investigation has been fatally flawed from its inception,” they said in a statement. “It has been irrevocably tainted by the President’s targeting of Mr. McCabe for prosecution. The investigation has now dragged on for more than 18 months with no resolution in sight.”
“The U.S. Attorney’s Office should close this investigation immediately and move on to fight battles more worthy of the traditions of the Department of Justice,” they said.
Chief counsel at the American Center for Law & Justice Jay Sekulow stopped by ‘Hannity’ last week to discuss Andrew McCabe’s potential legal troubles; saying his perjury probe is “just the beginning” for former DOJ officials.
“I think his lawyers made an attempt to get the case killed, obviously the US attorney thought there was a case that should be brought… The US attorney can now proceed with bringing a case, it will go to the grand jury,” said Sekulow.
“It’s not just one count with McCabe, it’s at least three according to the report. It’s perjury, that’s what this allegation is. I want to be clear, I think this is just the beginning of the problem for the individuals that were running the Department of Justice,” he added.
US Attorney Jessie Liu officially recommended proceeding with charges against former FBI official Andrew McCabe Thursday afternoon over his handling of sensitive material during Hillary’s email investigation.
Read the full report at Fox News.
BOMBSHELL REPORT: FBI’s McCabe Behind CLINTON INVESTIGATION Leaks in 2016
Former Deputy Director of the FBI Andrew McCabe was reportedly behind the illegal leaks regarding Hillary Clinton’s ongoing email investigation in 2016, releasing sensitive material to the Wall Street Journal ahead of the US presidential election.
According to a bombshell story in the New York Times, an upcoming report from the DOJ’s Inspector General is expected to blame McCabe for the unprecedented amount of leaks originating in the bureau ahead of Election Day.
“A Justice Department review is expected to criticize the former F.B.I. deputy director, Andrew G. McCabe, for authorizing the disclosure of information about a continuing investigation to journalists, according to four people familiar with the inquiry,” writes the Times.
“It is unclear whether the inspector general will identify others who spoke about the Clinton investigation. But Mr. McCabe is by far the most prominent subject,” the article adds.
The revelation comes as the FBI enters another month marred in controversy.
The bureau has been the focus of Congressional investigators for weeks following Rep. Devin Nunes’ explosive FISA memo last month; alleging the agency used Clinton-financed material to spy on senior Trump associates.
BOMBSHELL: McCabe Admits He Ordered Obstruction Probe, Confirms DOJ Considered ‘Removing’ Trump
Former Acting Director of the FBI Andrew McCabe publicly admitted Wednesday night that began an “obstruction of justice” investigation after President Trump fired disgraced bureau chief James Comey from the agency.
“Former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe in a new interview reveals new details of the investigations into President Trump, telling CBS that there were conversations about the possibility of removing Trump under the 25th amendment and confirming that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein had offered to wear a wire around the president,” reports The Hill.
“There were meetings at the Justice Department at which it was discussed whether the vice president and a majority of the Cabinet could be brought together to remove the president of the United States under the 25th Amendment,” added CBS News’ Scott Pelley.
“I was very concerned that I was able to put the Russia case on absolutely solid ground, in an indelible fashion,” McCabe said. “That were I removed quickly, or reassigned or fired, that the case could not be closed or vanish in the night without a trace.”
Read the full report here.