The New York Times found itself in hot-water from readers across the country Friday after the newspaper published an extremely misleading headline regarding UN ambassador Nikki Haley.
The Times published an article Thursday titled “Nikki Haley’s View of New York Is Priceless. Her Curtains? $52,701,” suggesting the ambassador purchased lavish curtains for her New York City residence.
“The State Department bought the custom, mechanized curtains for Ms. Haley’s New York resident during a time of cost-cutting,” adds the author.
Nikki Haley’s View of New York Is Priceless. Her Curtains? $52,701. https://t.co/Y8k6QXeQhs
— Gardiner Harris (@GardinerHarris) September 14, 2018
It isn’t until six paragraphs later that the author admits the window dressings were actually purchased in 2016 and authorized by the Obama administration.
“This seems like a pretty important paragraph that we should get to the bottom of before calling them ‘Nikki Haley’s $52,000 curtains,’” writes a reporter for the Washington Post.
— Aaron Blake (@AaronBlake) September 14, 2018
h/t Daily Caller
AND THE AWARD GOES TO: Trump Announces FAKE NEWS ‘Winners’
Forget about the Golden Globes or Oscars this year. President Trump unveiled the ‘winners’ of the highly-anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards on Thursday night, naming names and calling-out the worst mainstream media offenders as they breathlessly attacked the President during his first 12-months in the Oval Office.
“2017 was a year of unrelenting bias, unfair news coverage, and even downright fake news. Studies have shown that over 90% of the media’s coverage of President Trump is negative,” writes the official GOP website. “Below are the winners of the 2017 Fake News Awards.”
AND THE AWARD GOES TO…
10. The New York Times baselessly claims on its front page that the Trump administration intentionally hid a “climate report.”
9. CNN falsely reports that former FBI director James Comey would contradict the President’s claims that he was not under investigation.
8. Newsweek asserts that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda refused to shake President Trump’s hand.
7. CNN FALSELY reports that Anthony Scaramucci’s met with a Russian official, but retracts it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”
6. CNN creates a phony video to make it appear President Trump “overfed” fish during a traditional ceremony in Japan alongside Prime Minister Abe.
5. The Washington Post reports that President Trump’s massive, sold-out rally in northern Florida is totally empty, with “dishonest reporters” posting pictures of the arena hours before the public was allowed to enter.
4. Time Magazine claims President Trump had a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. removed from the Oval Office.
3. CNN asserts that President Trump and his son Donald Trump, Jr. has access to hacked DNC emails obtained by WikiLeaks.
2. ABC News reporter Brian Ross makes bogus claims about the never-ending Russia investigation and sends the stock market into a free fall.
1. The New York Times claims on the day of President Trump’s historic win over Hillary Clinton that the US economy will “never” recover.
BUSTED: NY Times Editor ADMITS Biased Coverage of 'Oblivious Idiot' Trump
A New York Times homepage editor was caught red-handed on an outrageous undercover exposé; discussing how the newspaper slants stories to de-legitimize President Trump and blasting the Commander-in-Chief as an “oblivious idiot”
Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe released the shocking footage Tuesday, showing the New York Times London-based front-page editor trashing President Trump and Vice President Pence, saying it was “hard” to write pro-Trump stories because he’s “apologetic toward white supremacists.”
“It’s hard to portray, for instance, the President in an unbiased light when the words that are coming out of his mouth are apologetic toward white supremacists,” said editor Desiree Shoe. “I feel like President Trump is sort of an idiot in a lot of ways. Just an oblivious idiot.”
“One of the things that journalists were thinking about was if we write about him, about how insanely crazy his and how ludicrous his policies are, then maybe people will read it and be like, ‘Oh wow, we shouldn’t vote for him,'” she added, outlining the Times coverage of the President in the run-up to the 2016 election.
“If you impeach him, if you impeach him then Pence becomes President. Mike Pence, who’s f***ing horrible, I think he’s possibly worse than Trump […] He’s extremely, extremely religious,” said Shoe.
Watch the undercover exposé above.