Immigration

BREAKING: Trump Administration Unveils New Rules to Severely Limit Central American Asylum Seekers

posted by Hannity Staff - 7.15.19

The Trump administration unveiled a series of new regulations Monday aimed at severely cracking down on the number of asylum seekers traveling with the ‘Migrant Caravan’ from Central America.

“The new rule, published in the Federal Register, would require most migrants entering through America’s southern border to first seek asylum in one of the countries they traversed – whether in Mexico, in Central America, or elsewhere on their journey. In most cases, only if that application is denied would they then be able to seek asylum in the United States,” reports Fox News.

“Ultimately, today’s action will reduce the overwhelming burdens on our domestic system caused by asylum-seekers failing to seek urgent protection in the first available country, economic migrants lacking a legitimate fear of persecution, and the transnational criminal organizations, traffickers, and smugglers exploiting our system for profits,” Homeland Security Acting Secretary Kevin McAleenan said in a statement.

The regulations are designed to reduce the amount of asylum seekers fleeing their home countries for “economic reasons” rather than persecution or risk to their personal safety.

“Right now, the U.S. has such an agreement, known as a ‘safe third country,’ only with Canada. Under a recent agreement with Mexico, Central American countries were considering a regional compact on the issue, but nothing has been decided. Guatemalan officials were expected in Washington on Monday, but apparently a meeting between Trump and Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales was canceled amid a court challenge in Guatemala over whether the country could strike such an agreement,” adds Fox.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

BETO BOMBSHELL: New Video Shows Staffers Used Campaign Funds to ‘ILLEGALLY AID’ Migrant Caravan

posted by Hannity Staff - 11.01.18

Unbelievable undercover footage released by Project Veritas Thursday raises serious legal and ethical questions surrounding Beto O’Rourke’s senate campaign; revealing top staffers potentially violated federal law by using campaign finances to help undocumented workers traveling with the ‘migrant caravan.’

The bombshell video shows O’Rourke’s field manager and others scheming to help the migrants after crossing into the US; suggesting campaign workers use donations and other official funds and resources to assist Central American migrants entering the United States.

“You know that migrant caravan? A few of them got here already and they’re dropping them off like really close,” said a campaign field manager. “I’m going to get some food right now and some stuff to drop off.”

“Don’t ever repeat this stuff but like, if we just say we’re buying some food for an event, like Halloween events,” suggested another staffer.

“That’s not a horrible idea, but I didn’t hear anything,” said the manager. “I think we can use that with [prepaid campaign debit cards] to buy some food, all that sh*t can be totally masked.”

BORDER BREACHED: ‘Frustrated’ Migrants ‘Breach’ US-Mexico Border

posted by Hannity Staff - 12.04.18

‘Frustrated’ members of the Central American ‘migrant caravan’ began ‘breaching’ the US-Mexican border this week; jumping a ten-foot tall fence in a last-ditch effort to reach the United States before returning to their country of origin.

According to Newsweek, an undisclosed number of immigrants illegally crossed into the country at the border crossing near San Diego, California.

“On Monday, a number of the asylum seekers who had been waiting in the Mexican border town of Tijuana to make their asylum claims climbed over the border fence, despite being almost certain to face detention by U.S. authorities on the other side,” writes Newsweek.

The Trump administration’s fierce crackdown on the ‘migrant caravan’ has caused the 6,000-strong group to stall in Tijuana, Mexico; with many choosing to return home rather than wait months for their asylum claims to be processed by American authorities.

The President has repeatedly threatened to “completely close” the entire southern border should the crisis escalate.

Read the full report at Newsweek.

Thank you for visiting Hannity.com. You are about to leave
Hannity.com and proceed to a site owned and operated by a third party.
Hannity.com has no control over the content of this third-party site.
Click OK to proceed.
OK
X
You may if you would no longer like to receive a newsletter.
You have been successfully unsubscribed!
Please see our Terms of Use and Privacy Notice .
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.