Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen officially ordered a massive increase of federal Border Patrol Agents Monday to help crackdown on the escalating immigration crisis occurring along the US-Mexico border.
The Secretary issued a statement Monday confirming the move; saying CBP Commission Kevin McAleenan will implement “emergency surge operations” to combat the “influx” of migrants illegally entering the United States.
— The Hill (@thehill) April 1, 2019
“The crisis at our border is worsening, and DHS will do everything in its power to end it,” Nielsen said in a written statement. “We will not stand idly by while Congress fails to act yet again, so all options are on the table. We will immediately redeploy hundreds of CBP personnel to the border to respond to this emergency. We will urgently pursue additional reinforcements from within DHS and the interagency. And we will require those seeking to enter the United States to wait in Mexico until an immigration court has reviewed their claims.”
Read the full report here.
BORDER CRISIS: Federal Agents Arrest FOUR HUNDRED Migrants in FIVE MINUTES near El Paso
Federal Border Patrol Agents continued to crackdown on illegal immigration and human trafficking along the US-Mexico border this week; detaining a stunning 400 migrants in just five minutes near El Paso, Texas.
“U.S. Border Patrol agents working in El Paso apprehended two large groups of illegal immigrants consisting of over 400 people within five minutes. These groups, like many others before, are comprised primarily of Central American families and unaccompanied juveniles,” said an official statement from US Customs and Border Protection.
“In the early morning hours of March 19, agents encountered the first group of 194 illegal crossers at approximately 2:45 a.m. The group was encountered by agents at the border wall just west of Bowie High School. Just five minutes later at 2:50 a.m., agents working farther west encountered a second group of 252 people who crossed illegally near Downtown El Paso,” adds the statement.
The detentions come weeks after President Trump declared a “national emergency” along the US-Mexico border; effectively bypassing Congress to secure funding for his long-promised “border wall.”
Read the full statement here.
IMMIGRATION INSANITY: Gov. Newsom to Order California National Guard WITHDRAWAL from Border
California Governor Gavin Newsom is reportedly planning the abrupt withdrawal of his state’s National Guard troops from the US border this week; calling the President’s policy towards national security a “manufactured crisis.”
“The 360 National Guard troops in California will be redeployed to fight wildfires, expand the state’s Drug Task Force and collect intelligence on drug cartels, Newsom will announce,” write NBC News.
Newsom’s predecessor -former Gov. Jerry Brown- deployed the California National Guard last year, but placed severe restrictions on how and where the troops could be used by the Trump administration.
“The border ’emergency’ is a manufactured crisis,” Newsom plans to say. “Which is why I have given the National Guard a new mission… They will refocus on the real threats facing our state.”
Read the full report at NBC News.