‘Frustrated’ members of the Central American ‘migrant caravan’ began ‘breaching’ the US-Mexican border this week; jumping a ten-foot tall fence in a last-ditch effort to reach the United States before returning to their country of origin.
According to Newsweek, an undisclosed number of immigrants illegally crossed into the country at the border crossing near San Diego, California.
“On Monday, a number of the asylum seekers who had been waiting in the Mexican border town of Tijuana to make their asylum claims climbed over the border fence, despite being almost certain to face detention by U.S. authorities on the other side,” writes Newsweek.
The Trump administration’s fierce crackdown on the ‘migrant caravan’ has caused the 6,000-strong group to stall in Tijuana, Mexico; with many choosing to return home rather than wait months for their asylum claims to be processed by American authorities.
The President has repeatedly threatened to “completely close” the entire southern border should the crisis escalate.
Read the full report at Newsweek.
CARAVAN UPDATE: DHS Says Group Now Numbers 8,500, 90% Ineligible for Asylum, More 'On Their Way'
The Department of Homeland Security issued a new statement on the ‘migrant caravan’ at the United States’ southern border Tuesday; saying the “overwhelming majority” of immigrants are not eligible for asylum.
“Given the activities of the last 24 hours at the San Ysidro Port of Entry, I want to provide an update on what occurred and attempt to dispel many of the rumors and much of the misinformation circulating,” said DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. “The caravan is far larger and more organized than previous ones. There are 8,500 caravan members in Tijuana and Mexicali. There are reports of additional caravans on their way.”
— Homeland Security (@DHSgov) November 27, 2018
“The overwhelming majority of these individuals are not eligible for asylum in the United States under our laws. Historically, less than 10% of those who claim asylum from #Guatemala, #Honduras, and #ElSalvadorare found eligible by a federal judge. 90% are not eligible,” she added.
Read her full statement here.
CARAVAN CRISIS: DHS Confirms More than ‘500 Criminals’ Traveling with ‘Migrant Caravan’
The Department of Homeland Security issued a stark warning regarding the approaching ‘migrant caravan’ Monday; confirming at least ‘500 criminals’ are traveling with the Central American immigrants.
DHS officials made the stunning announcement during a conference call with reporters Monday afternoon; saying “most of the caravan members are not women and children” but are comprised of mostly single adult males or teenagers.
“More than 500 criminals are traveling with the migrant caravan that’s massed on the other side of a San Diego border crossing,” writes Fox News.
“All legal options are on the table and we have been negotiating with all our partners in central America with ways to deal with the caravan,” said one official.
Unfortunately, some members of the caravan are purposely causing disruptions at our border ports of entry. There is a legal and illegal way to enter the US. We have deployed additional forces to protect our border. We will enforce all our laws.
— Secretary Kirstjen M. Nielsen (@SecNielsen) November 19, 2018
“Unfortunately, some members of the caravan are purposely causing disruptions at our border ports of entry,” tweeted Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. “There is a legal and illegal way to enter the U.S. We have deployed additional forces to protect our border.”
Read the full report at Fox News.