Want to finally know why Stephen Paddock gunned down 58 people in Las Vegas in early October?
Be prepared to wait a while – possibly until next October – the chief of the FBI’s Las Vegas office revealed this week during an interview in which he said the agency probably wouldn’t brief the public until their report is released sometime before the tragedy’s first anniversary.
“Now that’s a long time for some people, but speaking for the FBI, that’s light speed, all right?” Special Agent in Charge Aaron Rouse told the Las Vegas Review-Journal on Wednesday.
Rouse said reports from other agencies investigating the mass shooting will be released at different times, but the FBI’s one is “focusing a large part on the why” which is “what everybody wants to know.”
HE SPEAKS: Las Vegas Security Guard Discusses Mandalay Bay Massacre
The Las Vegas security guard who disappeared shortly after Stephen Paddock’s Las Vegas rampage re-appeared on ‘The Ellen Show’ Wednesday, describing his experience as the first person to encounter the lone gunman just seconds before he opened fire.
Jesus Campos detailed his encounter with Paddock on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, saying he “heard rapid fire” and lifted his “pant leg up and I saw the blood.”
“I was coming from the 31st on the 32nd, when I approached the door it didn’t open, it was blocked-off, so I had to re-route,” said the guard.
“As I was walking down, I heard rapid fire. And at first I took cover, I felt a burning sensation. I went to go lift my pant leg up and I saw the blood,” Campos added.
The injured security guard goes on to say his initial assessment of the situation was that someone was “drilling” or conducting routine maintenance on the floor, before he was met with a hail of bullets.
Campos became the center of a media frenzy last week after he suddenly disappeared, just minutes before he was set to give five major television network interviews over the ordeal.
Watch Campos’ comments above.
Hannity: Liberals, Celebrities Rush to Politicize Las Vegas Massacre
Speaking during his opening monologue on ‘Hannity’ Tuesday night, Sean called-out late-night comedians and Hollywood celebrities for exploiting the tragedy that unfolded in Las Vegas to score cheap political points; saying the liberal elites were “totally out of touch.”
“Democrats, liberals in the mainstream media, celebrities, late-night comedians, all predictably rushing to politicize this tragedy, and predictably calling for more gun control,” said Sean.
“Unlike them, we have promised you on this show, we care about truth, we care about facts, we care about victims and families, and we’re not peddling conspiracy theories or rushing to judgement. We’re not trying to use this incident to score cheap political points,” he added.
“This is beyond shameful, calling for things like gun control less than 24 hours after something like this happens; while people are grieving, while victims are still in the hospital,” Hannity said. “Really? Late-night hosts, you can’t resist the urge for one night to put aside your radical left-wing policies?”
“Celebrities are completely out of touch. Shouldn’t they be focused now on the victim sand their families instead of trying to score cheap political points against the President?” he asked.
“Here’s the hypocrisy: They want to disarm all of us, all of you, the American people, prevent you from having the right to protect yourself, protect your family. How many of them live in expensive, multi-million dollar gates communities? How many of them have armed security every time they leave their house?” asked Sean.
Watch Sean’s opening monologue above.