An international student at a Florida university was abruptly deported to China this week, following multiple reports from fellow classmates that he was acting “suspiciously” after purchasing a sniper rifle and altering his appearance.
According to Fox News, 26-year old Wenliang Sun violated the terms of his student visa by skipping classes and ignoring repeated citations; with school officials saying his erratic behavior was concerning faculty and staff.
Sun reportedly purchased a $70,000 car in cash, bought a military-style “sniper rifle,” and dyed his hair blond.
“School officials first reached out to cops Feb. 1 after reports from Sun’s friends and roommates that he had changed dramatically, according to local reports,” writes Fox. “Sun legally owned a LWRC 300 Blackout rifle and ammunition, as well as a .308 Ruger Precision caliber rifle equipped with a bipod and scope, police said. He also had a hunting license.”
The swift action taken by law enforcement and government officials was in stark contrast to last month’s deadly assault on a south Florida high school, when police missed multiple red flags ahead of Nikolas Cruz’ rampage.
“Some of the [investigators] with a lot of years of experience … walked away and said, ‘We just saved a bunch of lives,’” said the Chief of Police.
RED FLAGS: Cops Sent to FLORIDA GUNMAN’S Home 39 Times Since 2010
Less than two-days after 19-year old gunman Nikolas Cruz opened fire at a south Florida high school killing seventeen people, new details are emerging about the suspect’s troubled past; including revelations that local police were dispatched to Cruz’s home at least 39 separate times.
According to the New York Post, the Broward County Sheriff’s Department responded to 39 incidents at the gunman’s residence over the previous seven years; saying the “nature of the emergencies” varied from “child/elderly abuse” to suspicion of a “mentally ill person” on the premises.
Cruz confessed to the mass shooting earlier this week, with his public defender describing the former student as a “deeply disturbed, emotionally broken” juvenile.
“He’s gone through a lot in a very short period of time and that does not minimize the loss of those families, but we have to put that into the proper light,” the defender said. “He is suffering from significant mental illness and significant trauma and he has some very difficult decisions to make shortly and we’re going to assist him with those decisions.”
The recent revelations raise serious questions over how a “deeply disturbed” youth who claimed on social media he wanted to become a “professional school shooter” slipped through the cracks.
On Thursday, the FBI admitted they received a tip from a YouTube user over Cruz’s alleged comments on social media, but were “unable” to determine the individual’s “true identity.”
MORE RED FLAGS: Florida Gunman REFUSED MENTAL TREATMENT After 18th Birthday
Florida gunman Nikolas Cruz refused to receive state-funded mental services after his 18th birthday, declining the district’s treatment he’d been administered for years despite the School’s Superintendent’s best efforts.
The self-confessed shooter who took the lives of 17 individuals at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School earlier this month refused mental health services he’d been receiving previously, telling officials it was no longer needed.
“When Nikolas Cruz turned 18, he refused to let the school district continue providing him with crucial mental health and other services — and there was nothing officials could do about it, Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said Monday,” writes the Sun Sentinel.
“You can’t make someone do something when the law says they have the right to make that determination,” Runcie added.
The news of Cruz’s refusal to receive the necessary treatment is just another red flag missed by local law enforcement and the FBI.
Earlier this week, the Broward County Sheriff’s Department came under fire after revealing it had been notified at least 45 times over Cruz’s erratic and suspicious behavior.