From Fox News:
Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza shared his investigators’ initial findings Wednesday in the fatal movie-set shooting in which Alec Baldwin fired a gun used on set, killing a cinematographer and wounding the director.
At a press conference on Wednesday, Mendoza told reporters “it is too early right now in the investigation to comment on charges” and that his department is working with the FBI to process evidence.
District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies said that she will not comment on potential charges that Baldwin could face. However, she noted that criminal charges are on the table.
“The answer is, we cannot answer that question yet until we complete a more thorough investigation,” she said.
Both noted that the actor has been cooperating with authorities. A rep for Baldwin did not immediately return Fox News’ request for comment.
Baldwin shot and killed Hutchins on Thursday after he was handed what he believed to be a “cold gun” by assistant director Dave Halls. The assistant director had indicated to the actor that the gun was unloaded, according to a search warrant executed by the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office and obtained by Fox News. Sheriff Mendoza reiterated those events at the top of the press conference.
The incident also injured director Joel Souza. He was hospitalized at the time but later released. Sheriff Mendoza noted that they believe the actual bullet that killed Hutchins was retrieved by doctors from inside Souza’s shoulder after he was taken to the hospital. It is now with investigators who will be sending it and a myriad of other evidence to the FBI crime lab in Quantico, Va., he revealed on Wednesday.
Two other guns seized include a single-action revolver that may have been modified and a plastic gun that was described as a revolver, officials said.
Read the full report at Fox News.
‘HELP US’: Minneapolis Residents Turn to ‘Outside Police’ Amid Violent Crime Surge, Cop Shortage
Scared residents in Minneapolis, Minnesota are reportedly turning to “outside police” to respond to emergencies as the city grapples with an officer shortage after the council voted to “defund” the department.
“Officials in Minneapolis are considering bringing in police from other jurisdictions as the city faces a shortage of officers and a wave of violent crime,” reports Fox News. “Officers from the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office and Metro Transit Police would form Joint Enforcement Teams and primarily respond to violent 911 calls.”
“We’re not gonna be having these people out taking bicycle theft reports. These are going to be people out combating crime issues,” said John Elder, a spokesman for Minneapolis police.
Inside sources say the Mayor supports the plan which could cost $500,000 per year.
Read the full report at Fox News.
'ANIMAL' RIGHTS? MS-13 Gang Boss BEGS NY Judge for Better Prison Conditions
An alleged drug trafficker and MS-13 gang kingpin begged a judge to improve his current prison conditions at a New York penitentiary, saying he was “suffering” at the hands of government personnel and his fellow prisoners.
Miguel Angel Corea Diaz, the 35-year old gang member better known as ‘The Reaper,’ officially complained to a judge in Nassau County this week, adding he was a “human being” who “has a family and children.”
“Discrimination. I’m suffering in this county. They call me ‘El Chapo.’ Die, scary guy,” complained Diaz. “I’m a human being, I have a family. I have children. I’m not able to talk to them… It’s about time that I speak to them because when I get deported, I don’t know if I’m going to be able to speak to them again.”
Diaz was charged with three counts of “operating as a major drug trafficker” and five counts of conspiracy. He pleaded guilty to all crimes earlier this year on Long Island.
Read the full story at Fox News.