President Trump confirmed Wednesday that has administration is working with their Israeli counterparts and expect to have a revised Middle East peace plan within the next “two to four months.”
Trump was speaking alongside Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in New York City during United Nations week when he weighed-in on the 70-year old conflict.
“I really believe something will happen. It is a dream of mine to be able to get that done prior to the end of my first term,” Trump said. “I like two-state solution […] That’s what I think works best.”
The President’s son-in-law Jared Kushner has been working behind-the-scenes for months on the stalled peace talks between Israeli officials and Palestinian negotiators.
Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman has been a major influence in the process, admitting “Israelis have the right to their own land” in a shocking interview.
Read the full report at the Washington Examiner.
AL QAEDA RETURNS: Terror Leader Calls for ‘NEW JIHAD’ Against US
Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri resurfaced over the weekend after months of hiding and questions over his health; releasing a five-minute video that called for a new “jihad” against the United States and its western allies.
The video, titled “Tel Aviv is Also a Land of Muslims” slammed the Trump administration for its decision to relocate the US embassy to Jerusalem, saying the Americans were “clear and explicit” in their “modern crusade” against Muslims across the world.
“[Americans] are the first enemy of the Muslims, and swore that it will not dream of security until it is lived in reality in Palestine, and until all the armies of disbelief leave the land of Muhammad,” he added.
Zawahiri took control of the global terror network after US forced killed Osama bin Laden in 2011, choosing to avoid the spotlight after the United States shifted its anti-terror efforts to focus on ISIS in Syria and Iraq.
Despite the warnings, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo believes the Mideast peace process is “decidedly not dead,” telling Fox News “We’re hard at work on it. We hope we can achieve a successful outcome there as well.”
Read the full story here.
END OF AN ERA? South Korean Minister Says ‘END OF KOREAN WAR’ Possible in 2018
South Korea’s Unification Minister raised new hopes of peace on the Korean peninsula this week; confirming that negotiators are optimistic a treaty could be signed between the two countries before the end of 2018.
“I think it is possible,” said Minister Cho Myoung-gyon when asked whether North and South Korea would sign an official end of the Korean War before 2019. “Consultations among South, North Korea and the U.S. are underway.”
The Minister was cautious in discussing an end of the nearly 70-year long conflict, saying it would take time for Washington and Pyongyang to ease tensions and sign-off on the peace treaty.
“Considering the gravity of the nuclear problem, I think they might need some time for generating the [right] mood,” he said.
Cho’s comments come just hours after new satellite images showed Kim Jong Un’s regime has begun the process of “dismantling” a key nuclear launch facility; a signal he may be more willing to comply with the Trump administration’s demands than previously thought.