A senior military commander confirmed Thursday that Iranian back-forces could launch a strike against American targets throughout the Middle East “at any moment.”
“The top commander of U.S. forces in the Middle East says he believes the Iranians or their proxies may orchestrate an attack at any moment,” reports NBC News.
“I think the threat is imminent,” Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie told the network. “We continually evaluate our force posture in the region.”
“They probe for weakness all the times,” McKenzie said. “I would say the threat has probably evolved in certain ways even as our defensive posture has changed and become more aggressive, and we certainly thank our Iraqi partners for many of the things they’ve done.”
“I think we’re still in the period of what I would call tactical warning,” he said. “The threat is very real. ”
The Iranian regime showed new signs of stress from President Trump’s recent round of sanctions last week; with declassified documents revealing the Islamic Republic is “lacking cash” to finance terror groups across the Middle East.
“Newly declassified intelligence shows that Palestinian terror group Hamas had to introduce ‘austerity plans’ due to lack of funding from the Iranian regime,” reports Fox News. “State Department officials say the intelligence that was shared exclusively with Fox News reveals Tehran’s diminishing resources and influence within the region, prompting cutbacks among groups backed by the regime.”
“Due to lack of funding from Iran, Hamas had to introduce ‘austerity plans’ while other Shia militia groups were told by Iran that they need to find other sources of revenue as Iran is no longer in a position to provide them the funds,” adds the author. “This coincided with Lebanon-based Hezbollah’s calls on social media to donate to piggy banks. The group apparently used even children to attract contributions.”
President Trump ratcheted up pressure on Tehran last week; deploying an additional US aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf after intelligence reports showed Iran was planning attacks on American interests in the region.
In response, Iranian officials reportedly ordered a massive increase in the production of enriched Uranium; openly defying the Trump administration as tensions between Tehran and Washington rapidly escalate.
“Iran has quadrupled its production of enriched uranium amid tensions with the U.S. over Tehran’s unraveling nuclear accord, two semi-official news agencies reported Monday, an announcement that came just after President Donald Trump and Iran’s foreign minister traded threats and taunts,” reports the Associated Press.
Read the full report at NBC News.
BIBI’S BOMBSHELL: Israeli PM ‘HAS EVIDENCE’ Iran Violating Nuclear Deal
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu revealed “dramatic” evidence Monday that the Iranian regime has been “lying” about its advanced nuclear weapons program; claiming the Islamic Republic was “hiding material” following the Obama-era agreement.
Netanyahu confirmed the revelation in a fiery press conference, adding that his government has received stunning new information in the previous “10 days” that the Iranian regime had relocated “half a ton” of covert files to a “secret location.”
“These files conclusively prove that Iran is brazenly lying when it says it never had a nuclear weapons program,” he said.
According to Fox News, Netanyahu briefed both President Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo over the weekend.
The new report raises serious questions over the future of the Iranian nuclear agreement, with President Trump expected to make his final decision over the international pact in the coming weeks.
BRINK OF WAR: Israel DESTROYS Iranian Forces in Syria After Rocket Attack
The Israeli Defense Forces launched an “unprecedented” counterstrike following an Iranian missile attack on the Golan Heights Thursday, destroying “nearly all” of the Islamic Republic’s military infrastructure throughout Syria.
Israeli officials confirmed they deployed fighter jets and used missiles to hit a wide range of targets across Syria, including military compounds, intelligence operations, warehouses, and other Iranian sites.
“The IDF will not allow the Iranian threat to establish itself in Syria. The Syrian regime will be held accountable for everything happening in its territory,” the press release read. “The IDF is prepared for a wide variety of scenarios.”
The Israeli Air Force destroyed "nearly all" of Iran's military infrastructure in Syria, according to Israel's defense minister, Avigdor Lieberman https://t.co/eG1ucSwYKY
— The New York Times (@nytimes) May 10, 2018
The fierce attack came just moments after Syrian-based Iranian forces fired roughly 20 rockets into northern Israel.
The United States slammed the Iranian missile strike Thursday, adding the US “strongly supports” Israel’s efforts to defend itself.
“The United States condemns the Iranian regime’s provocative rocket attack from Syria against Israeli citizens, and we strongly support Israel’s right to act in self-defense,” Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement. “The Iranian regime’s deployment into Syria of offensive rocket and missile systems aimed at Israel is an unacceptable and highly dangerous development for the entire Middle East.”