The suspected shooter who opened fire on YouTube’s California campus Tuesday reportedly posted hateful rants about the company online; saying the video-sharing giant was “filtering” her content and owed her money.
According to NBC News, 39-year old Nasim Aghdam posted videos in 2017 that accused YouTube of “discriminating” against her video content; imposing age restrictions on her workout videos while failing to implement similar policies against music stars like Miley Cyrus.
“Be aware…there is no free speech in real world and you will be suppressed for telling the truth that is not supported by the system. Videos of targeted users are filtered and merely relegated, so that people can hardly see their videos,” she wrote on her personal website.
Aghdam’s father claims he reported his daughter missing earlier this week; adding police told him they found Nasim sleeping in her car in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
“He said he warned them she might be headed to YouTube because she ‘hated’ the company,” reports Fox News.
BROWARD BOMBSHELL: Deputy TOLD POLICE to 'STAY AWAY' from High School During Shooting
The disgraced Sheriff’s Deputy who maintained a “defensive position” and refused to enter the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School during last month’s mass shooting reportedly told fellow officers to “stay away” from the building; instructing them to remain at least 500 feet back as people lay dying.
According to the Miami Herald, Deputy Scot Peterson told the Broward County Sheriff’s Department, “Do not approach the 12 or 1300 building, stay at least 500 feet away.” Newly released audiotape of police scanners confirm Peterson’s comments; with screams heard in the background as the shooting unfolded.
The records confirm Peterson was well aware that the incident was occurring inside the building; directly refuting his claims he believed the gunman was last seen near the football field.
“It certainly backs up that he never went into the school,” said the president of the Broward County Sheriff’s police union. “At one point he says to keep back 500 feet. Why would he say that?”
Peterson became the center of a media firestorm after reports emerged he refused to enter the building as the carnage unfolded; allowing 19-year old Nikolas Cruz to kill 17 people and injure dozens more without confrontation.
FLORIDA FALLOUT: Marjory Stoneman to Require CLEAR BACKPACKS After Shooting
The Broward County high school where 19-year old gunman Nikolas Cruz murdered seventeen people is instituting new security policies within the next two weeks; requiring all students to carry “clear backpacks” provided by the school at no charge.
The new guidelines were issued after Zachary Cruz -the suspects brother- illegally entered the school to visit the site of his sibling’s slaughter; subsequently being arrested and held on $500,000 bail.
The Broward County School Superintendent issued a letter to parents of students attending the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida this week, detailing the school’s updated security protocol.
According to the New York Times, other procedures include new ID badges to be worn at all times and new metal-detecting equipment at the school’s entrances and exits.
“Someone is not going to go through a metal detector with an AR-15,” said the superintendent.
The revised guidelines come after three Stoneman Douglas students were arrested earlier this week, allegedly making threats on social media platforms and bringing knives onto the campus.