National

RED FLAGS: Cops Sent to FLORIDA GUNMAN’S Home 39 Times Since 2010

posted by Hannity Staff - 2.16.18

Less than two-days after 19-year old gunman Nikolas Cruz opened fire at a south Florida high school killing seventeen people, new details are emerging about the suspect’s troubled past; including revelations that local police were dispatched to Cruz’s home at least 39 separate times.

According to the New York Post, the Broward County Sheriff’s Department responded to 39 incidents at the gunman’s residence over the previous seven years; saying the “nature of the emergencies” varied from “child/elderly abuse” to suspicion of a “mentally ill person” on the premises.

Cruz confessed to the mass shooting earlier this week, with his public defender describing the former student as a “deeply disturbed, emotionally broken” juvenile.

“He’s gone through a lot in a very short period of time and that does not minimize the loss of those families, but we have to put that into the proper light,” the defender said. “He is suffering from significant mental illness and significant trauma and he has some very difficult decisions to make shortly and we’re going to assist him with those decisions.”

The recent revelations raise serious questions over how a “deeply disturbed” youth who claimed on social media he wanted to become a “professional school shooter” slipped through the cracks.

On Thursday, the FBI admitted they received a tip from a YouTube user over Cruz’s alleged comments on social media, but were “unable” to determine the individual’s “true identity.”

FLORIDA MASSACRE: Here’s what We Know About SUSPECT Nikolas Cruz

posted by Hannity Staff - 2.15.18

Less than 24-hours after a lone gunman opened fire at a local high school in south Florida, new details are slowly emerging about the suspect behind the mass shooting; revealing a “deeply disturbing” social media profile and red-flags that were likely missed by authorities.

Investigators believe 19-year old Nikolas Cruz is the lone gunman who shot and killed 17 people at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida; injuring many more as he opened fire on the students.

According to the Broward County Sheriff’s Department, Cruz was armed with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and multiple magazines. He was also carrying a gas mask and dozens of smoke grenades.

Cruz intentionally set off the school’s fire alarm system during the assault so “the kids would come pouring out of the classrooms into the hall.”

New details emerging in the hours after the attack show authorities likely missed multiple red flags.

Cruz was expelled from Stoneman High School for multiple “disciplinary infractions,” and posted videos of himself threatening “mass shootings” on YouTube.

Buzzfeed is reporting that the FBI was informed of Cruz’s disturbing social media posts in recent months after a YouTuber user reported a video where the suspect stated “I’m going to be a professional school shooter.”

“They came to my office the next morning and asked me if I knew anything about the person,” the 36-year old user told Buzzfeed. “I didn’t. They took a copy of the screenshot and that was the last I heard from them.”

BREAKING: Reports of ‘ACTIVE SHOOTER’ at Florida High School, Gunman 'Still At Large'

posted by Hannity Staff - 2.14.18

Law enforcement in Broward County, Florida are responding to what appears to be an “active shooter” at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida; with police and SWAT teams descending on the scene as local students are evacuated.

The Broward County Sheriff’s Department confirmed the incident on social media, saying “there are reports of victims” at the local school and urging residents to “avoid the area” as officials rush to contain the situation.

#BSO is working a developing incident regarding a report of active shooter located at 5901 Pine Island Rd, Parkland. Here’s what we know so far: deputies are responding to reports of a shooting at Stoneman Douglas High. There are reports of victims. PIO will be on scene 3:15pm,” tweeted the Department.

“Avoid the area of Stoneman Douglas HS. #BSO is currently working a developing incident regarding a report of active shooter,” the statement adds. “Shooter still at large.”

More information as it develops.

+
Thank you for visiting Hannity.com. You are about to leave
Hannity.com and proceed to a site owned and operated by a third party.
Hannity.com has no control over the content of this third-party site.
Click OK to proceed.
OK
X
You may if you would no longer like to receive a newsletter.
You have been successfully unsubscribed!
Please see our Terms of Use and Privacy Notice .
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.