The House Oversight Committee released new information on Wednesday morning outlining how the Bidens received millions from oligarchs in Russia, Kazakhstan, and Ukraine while Joe was Veep.
Committee Chair James Comer shared the new bank memo on X:
I just released new Biden family bank records & outline how the Bidens received millions from oligarchs in Russia, Kazakhstan, & Ukraine while Joe Biden was VP.
After Hunter received millions, VP Biden dined with these oligarchs in DC.👇https://t.co/Qhar4HWFdr
— Rep. James Comer (@RepJamesComer) August 9, 2023
From Just The News:
The pattern, the congressional investigators noted, corroborates recent testimony from former Hunter Biden business partner Devon Archer that the presidential son solicited business from foreigners who were seeking influence, access or protection from a family “brand” that included Joe Biden.
“The Biden family’s and associates’ dealings with foreign nationals from Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine show a pattern of Hunter Biden and Devon Archer courting wealthy oligarchs with political and financial influence but tainted backgrounds,” the committee stated.
“Thus far, the Committee has identified over $20 million from foreign sources that benefitted the Biden family and their business associates,” it added. According to the report, payments to the Biden family and its associates included:
- $3.5 million from Russian oligarch Elena Baturina and her now-deceased husband, Yury Luzhkov, former mayor of Moscow, who was identified as presiding over a “pyramid of corruption” by the U.S. ambassador to Russia.
- $142,300 connected to Kenes Rakishev and his associate, former Prime Minister Karim Massimov and two Kazakh oligarchs. Massimov was recently convicted in Kazakhstan for serious crimes, including treason.
- $6.5 million tied to Burisma Holdings in Ukraine, its owner Mykola Zlochevsky and top executive Vadym Pozharsky at a time when the energy company was suspected by the State Department of corruption and bribery.
- $3 million from oligarch Gabriel Popoviciu, who was convicted of bribery and the “complicity in abuse of power” in Romania.
- $8 million tied to Chinese entities including CEFC China Energy and its chairman Ye Jianming who was “detained in 2018 by Chinese authorities for suspected economic crimes and bribery.” A second CEFC official named Patrick Ho was charged and convicted of bribery in the United States.
Would a man as corrupt as this steal an election? https://t.co/u7rKoxsh8w
— Eric Metaxas (@ericmetaxas) August 9, 2023