President Trump premised his 2016 campaign for the White House on “keeping his promises,” a pledge long ignored by lifelong politicians inside the beltway.
From judicial appointees to eliminating burdensome business regulations, the Washington Examiner compiled a list of 289 major accomplishments delivered by the President in just 20 months.
“Trump’s successes in reducing the cost of taxes and regulations, rebuilding our military, avoiding wars of choice and changing the courts rival those of all previous Republican presidents,” said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform.
“Trump has an advantage over Ronald Reagan: He has a Reagan Republican House and Senate while Reagan had a [Democratic Speaker] Tip O’Neill House and a pre-Reagan Republican Senate. Reagan and [former GOP Speaker] Newt Gingrich were the ice breakers that allowed Trump’s victories to grow in number and significance,” he added.
The list includes:
- 4.2 percent growth in the second quarter of 2018.
- For the first time in more than a decade, growth is projected to exceed 3 percent over the calendar year.
- 4 million new jobs have been created since the election, and more than 3.5 million since Trump took office.
- More Americans are employed now than ever before in our history.
- Jobless claims at lowest level in nearly five decades.
- The economy has achieved the longest positive job-growth streak on record.
- Small business optimism has hit historic highs.
- NFIB’s small business optimism index broke a 35 year-old record in August.
- SurveyMonkey/CNBC’s small business confidence survey for Q3 of 2018 matched its all-time high.
- Manufacturers are more confident than ever.
- 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future, the highest ever.
- Proposed infrastructure plan would utilize $200 billion in Federal funds to spur at least $1.5 trillion in infrastructure investment across the country.
- Executive order expediting environmental reviews and approvals for high priority infrastructure projects.
… and more.
Read the Washington Examiner’s full list here.
PROMISE KEPT: Mike Pompeo Unveils NEW SANCTIONS on Iran, Cites ‘Nuclear and Missile’ Programs
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo unveiled a series of crippling new sanctions on Iran Friday; citing the country’s ongoing “nuclear and missile” programs and blasting the regime’s “growing influence” in the region.
“The Trump administration announced Friday that it is slapping new sanctions on more than two dozen Iranian individuals involved in the country’s nuclear and missile research programs, as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo denounced Iran’s growing influence,” reports Fox News.
“Individuals working for Iran’s proliferation-related programs—including scientists, procurement agents, and technical experts—should be aware of the reputational and financial risk they expose themselves to by working for Iran’s nuclear program,” said Pompeo in a written statement.
The sanctions come less than 24 hours after President Trump officially recognized the disputed Golan Heights as “sovereign” Israeli territory; ending decades of confusion after the region was annexed by the Jewish State in 1981.
Read the full report at Fox News.
PROMISE KEPT: President Trump Says New Trade Deal Will ‘Protect’ American Workers
President Trump hailed the new North American trade agreement Monday afternoon; saying the revised international agreement will have the “most advanced protections” for American workers ever developed.
The Commander-in-Chief addressed the nation from the White House lawn just hours after US and Canadian negotiators struck an 11th hour deal to replace NAFTA; calling the new policy the US-Mexico-Canada-Agreement -better known as USMCA.
President Trump: "Once approved by Congress, this new deal will be the most modern, up-to-date, and balanced trade agreement in the history of our country with the most advanced protections for workers ever developed." pic.twitter.com/yJhKbF1aaU
— The Hill (@thehill) October 1, 2018
“Once approved by Congress, this new deal will be the most modern, up-to-date, and balanced trade agreement in the history of our country with the most advanced protections for workers ever developed,’ said the President.