Just hours after a 39-year old YouTube user opened fire at the video-sharing company’s California Campus, new details are emerging about the suspected shooter’s final hours; with reports now showing she visited a gun range prior to the attack.
Despite multiple videos ranting against YouTube for “filtering” her content, Nasim Aghdam was still able to launch her devastating attack on the company’s headquarters; evading police just hours before her rampage.
The surprising details raise new questions whether local law enforcement missed multiple opportunities to prevent the deadly attack. According to multiple sources, police found the suspected shooter sleeping in her car just hours before the assault.
“At no point during our roughly 20 minute interaction with her did she mention anything about YouTube, if she was upset with them, or that she had planned to harm herself or others,” said the Mountain View Police Department. “Throughout our entire interaction with her, she was calm and cooperative.”
The revelation comes as the suspect’s brother confirmed he called law enforcement to warn them of his sister’s dangerous situation, saying she may “do something” at YouTube.
“She went all the way from San Diego, so she might do something,” he told KGTV.
RED FLAGS: Cops Sent to FLORIDA GUNMAN’S Home 39 Times Since 2010
Less than two-days after 19-year old gunman Nikolas Cruz opened fire at a south Florida high school killing seventeen people, new details are emerging about the suspect’s troubled past; including revelations that local police were dispatched to Cruz’s home at least 39 separate times.
According to the New York Post, the Broward County Sheriff’s Department responded to 39 incidents at the gunman’s residence over the previous seven years; saying the “nature of the emergencies” varied from “child/elderly abuse” to suspicion of a “mentally ill person” on the premises.
Cruz confessed to the mass shooting earlier this week, with his public defender describing the former student as a “deeply disturbed, emotionally broken” juvenile.
“He’s gone through a lot in a very short period of time and that does not minimize the loss of those families, but we have to put that into the proper light,” the defender said. “He is suffering from significant mental illness and significant trauma and he has some very difficult decisions to make shortly and we’re going to assist him with those decisions.”
The recent revelations raise serious questions over how a “deeply disturbed” youth who claimed on social media he wanted to become a “professional school shooter” slipped through the cracks.
On Thursday, the FBI admitted they received a tip from a YouTube user over Cruz’s alleged comments on social media, but were “unable” to determine the individual’s “true identity.”
RED FLAGS: Suspected Shooter Posted HATEFUL RANTS About YouTube Online
The suspected shooter who opened fire on YouTube’s California campus Tuesday reportedly posted hateful rants about the company online; saying the video-sharing giant was “filtering” her content and owed her money.
According to NBC News, 39-year old Nasim Aghdam posted videos in 2017 that accused YouTube of “discriminating” against her video content; imposing age restrictions on her workout videos while failing to implement similar policies against music stars like Miley Cyrus.
“Be aware…there is no free speech in real world and you will be suppressed for telling the truth that is not supported by the system. Videos of targeted users are filtered and merely relegated, so that people can hardly see their videos,” she wrote on her personal website.
Aghdam’s father claims he reported his daughter missing earlier this week; adding police told him they found Nasim sleeping in her car in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
“He said he warned them she might be headed to YouTube because she ‘hated’ the company,” reports Fox News.