The Cable News Network’s non-stop attacks on President Trump and the Republican party was on full-display over the weekend, with one correspondent hysterically claiming the government shutdown could lead to a devastating asteroid strike on the planet.
CNN correspondent Tom Foreman was speaking with network host Jake Tapper when he made the outlandish claim, saying the federal closure could prevent NASA from taking decisive action should an asteroid hurl towards the earth.
Foreman was discussing the impact of the previous government shutdown in 2013, saying “In space that same year, for more than two weeks NASA reportedly stopped monitoring potentially dangerous asteroids.”
“A big one, by the way, is expected to brush by Earth on February 4th,” he warned.
Despite CNN’s bizarre claims, experts assure the public there’s absolutely no need to panic, as the asteroid in question will safely pass the planet by at least 2.6 million miles.
“NASA representatives say there’s no chance that it will collide with Earth,” Space.com added.
Watch CNN panic over a possible asteroid strike above.
HANNITY: Mainstream Media TOTALLY ADDICTED to Attacking TRUMP
Speaking during his opening monologue on ‘Hannity’ Wednesday night, Sean unloaded on the mainstream media; saying liberal journalists are completely “addicted” to attacking the President.
“Hating President Trump is their drug in the media. By the way, to them, it’s more addictive than heroin and crack cocaine,” said Hannity.
“In their liberal media bubble, a Trump tweet literally sends them into orbit. Alka-Seltzer in water, they bubble and fizz every day. It’s like a dopamine rush to their brains, the drug is that powerful they can’t duplicate it any other way,” he added.
“Not only are they all a bunch of sheep… But they’re drug addicts in this sense: They crave their next Trump tweet, they need their fix,” said Sean. “If for some reason there’s not a tweet within 24 hours, there’s not a comment, there’s no fake outrage, well then they have to latch onto something that’ll satisfy their craving, they race back to their gateway drug: Trump-Russia.”
“For over a year, you have been subjected to Russia collusion… the only thing missing are facts,” he added.
Watch Sean’s opening monologue above.
AND THE AWARD GOES TO: Trump Announces FAKE NEWS ‘Winners’
Forget about the Golden Globes or Oscars this year. President Trump unveiled the ‘winners’ of the highly-anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards on Thursday night, naming names and calling-out the worst mainstream media offenders as they breathlessly attacked the President during his first 12-months in the Oval Office.
“2017 was a year of unrelenting bias, unfair news coverage, and even downright fake news. Studies have shown that over 90% of the media’s coverage of President Trump is negative,” writes the official GOP website. “Below are the winners of the 2017 Fake News Awards.”
AND THE AWARD GOES TO…
10. The New York Times baselessly claims on its front page that the Trump administration intentionally hid a “climate report.”
9. CNN falsely reports that former FBI director James Comey would contradict the President’s claims that he was not under investigation.
8. Newsweek asserts that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda refused to shake President Trump’s hand.
7. CNN FALSELY reports that Anthony Scaramucci’s met with a Russian official, but retracts it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”
6. CNN creates a phony video to make it appear President Trump “overfed” fish during a traditional ceremony in Japan alongside Prime Minister Abe.
5. The Washington Post reports that President Trump’s massive, sold-out rally in northern Florida is totally empty, with “dishonest reporters” posting pictures of the arena hours before the public was allowed to enter.
4. Time Magazine claims President Trump had a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. removed from the Oval Office.
3. CNN asserts that President Trump and his son Donald Trump, Jr. has access to hacked DNC emails obtained by WikiLeaks.
2. ABC News reporter Brian Ross makes bogus claims about the never-ending Russia investigation and sends the stock market into a free fall.
1. The New York Times claims on the day of President Trump’s historic win over Hillary Clinton that the US economy will “never” recover.