The second largest city in Australia was placed under severe lockdown rules this week to slow the spread of new COVID clusters popping-up in Melbourne and its surrounding towns.
“The Australian federal government designated Melbourne as a hotspot, which gives the area access to supplementary federal aid and resources, the Associated Press reported. Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced that 218 military personnel would be stationed in Victoria and extra vaccine doses would be sent to the state,” reports Newsweek.
“Unless something changes, this will be increasingly uncontrollable,” Victoria State Acting Premier James Merlino said.
COVID is back in Melbourne.
Vaccines & national quarantine are the key to avoiding lockdowns, yet Scott Morrison still refuses to take responsibility.
Just turns his back and hides when things get tough. pic.twitter.com/TZV0w1ElvD
— Julian Hill MP (@JulianHillMP) May 26, 2021
“Melbourne and Victoria residents will only be able to leave their homes to purchase food and essentials, receive vaccine doses, access or administer care, work or study if it requires leaving the house and exercise. The lockdown will close all schools and limit restaurants to takeout service, while all professional sports will carry on without spectators,” adds the magazine.
Read the full report at Newsweek.
'ROUTINE ERROR': 6,700 North Carolina Residents ‘Incorrectly Told They Have Coronavirus’ via Text
Nearly 7,000 residents in North Carolina were told via text message last week that they tested positive for the Coronavirus despite not actually having contracted the disease.
“More than 6,700 individuals in Mecklenburg County in North Carolina were told in a text message sent from Mecklenburg County Health Department on Friday that they tested positive for COVID-19 and over 500 people were told through a county email that they were also infected with the novel coronavirus. But the results were incorrect due to a technical error by Health Space, the company they use for contact tracing, according to a statement on the county’s website,” reports Fox News.
“An error during routine maintenance last Friday resulted in a county data vendor sending erroneous texts and email messages to people saying they were positive for COVID-19,” the statement on the county website said.
“Very quickly we began to work with the vendor to understand the issue and make sure that it did not continue. Once corrected we were told that 6,727 text messages and 541 emails were sent to individuals who were already in their system. We then worked with the vendor to send a corrected text/email to all that received the erroneous one,” the email stated in part.
Read the full report here.
'SICKENING': Backlash Grows Against Denver Democrat Who Supported Spreading Coronavirus at MAGA Rallies
Denver’s Democratic Councilwoman Candi CdeBaca is facing a growing backlash on social media this week after calling for those sick with the deadly Coronavirus to intentionally spread the disease at ‘Make America Great Again’ rallies.
“Democrat Denver Councilwoman Candi CdeBaca says that she stands in ‘solidarity’ with someone who says that they if they get the coronavirus that they will attend as many Trump rallies as possible She appears to have made the statement on her government Twitter account,” posted a reporter with the Daily Wire.
These people are sick. https://t.co/74mEIJDOpa
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) March 3, 2020
“These people are sick,” posted Donald Trump Jr.
“This elected Democrat in Colorado doesn’t seem very nice!” the Trump campaign War Room Twitter account posted in response.
— Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) March 3, 2020
Read the full report here.
Source: Fox News