The Foreign Minister for the United Kingdom Boris Johnson was caught on a hot microphone Friday; predicting a “meltdown” in upcoming Brexit negotiations with the EU and suggesting Trump “might handle them better.”
According to Yahoo News, the Minister’s private conversation surfaced on social media Friday, with Prime Minister Theresa May saying her senior aide has very “strong views on Brexit” as the nation heads to the negotiating table.
“You’ve got to face the fact there may now be a meltdown,” said Johnson, going on to say he “increasingly admired” President Trump and his ability to fight “bloody hard” for his country.
“He’d go in bloody hard… There’d be all sorts of breakdowns, all sorts of chaos. Everyone would think he’d gone mad,” said the Foreign Minister.
“But actually, you might get somewhere. It’s a very, very good thought,” he added.
Read the full story here.
BLOODY BRITAIN: Three Teenagers SHOT, One DEAD in UK Capital
The escalating crime wave sweeping the UK capital continued over the weekend; with three teenagers shot as London’s murder rate soars and violence swirls out of control.
According to Yahoo News, two teenagers were gunned down in “broad daylight” in the British capital, just a day after another young man was shot and killed.
The victims were between the ages of 13 and 17 years-old.
“No firearm has been recovered and there have been no arrests, with officers investigating whether the incidents were linked,” writes Yahoo. “The incident came just hours after a 17-year-old boy was shot in Southwark, south London, on Saturday evening and died at the scene.”
The UK capital’s stunning crime wave made international headlines last month when Britain’s largest city saw a murder rate higher than New York City for the first time in recorded history.
Mayor Sadiq Khan has repeatedly called for a crackdown on knives and other weapons, but the escalating use of firearms raises new security concerns throughout the UK where guns are effectively banned from the public.
BRITAIN ON EDGE: UK Warns of 'SEVERE' RISK of Potential Terror Attack
Authorities in the United Kingdom warned residents Monday of an “increased” risk of terror attacks launched by Islamic militants against the UK within the next two years, saying the threat remains at a “heightened level.”
A spokesperson for the Interior Ministry issued the stark assessment on the first anniversary of a brutal attack in London that left eight people dead; saying the current threat level of “severe” will remain for the next two years and could possibly escalate to “critical” in the coming months.
“In summary we expect the threat from Islamist terrorism to remain at its current, heightened level for at least the next two years, and that it may increase further,” the ministry said in a statement.
“The threat from terrorism is constantly evolving. Globally, terrorist groups and networks of all ideologies continue to develop organically, exploiting social media, technology and science to further their aims and ambitions,” the ministry added.
“The government is absolutely committed to doing everything possible to tackle the terrorist threat. It is my first priority every day in this job,” said Interior Minister Sajid Javid.
Read the full report here.