Law enforcement across the United Kingdom is on high-alert this week; warning residents potential copycat terrorists could launch strikes similar to the knife-attacks at London Bridge that left two people dead.
“An associate of the London Bridge killer was arrested as security agencies scrambled to stamp out the threat of copycat attacks,” reports the Times. “Nazam Hussain, 34, was held in a police raid on his home in Stoke-on-Trent on Saturday on suspicion of preparing terrorist acts. Last night he was recalled to prison for a suspected breach of licence conditions.”
“In 2012 Hussain was jailed for terrorism offences alongside Usman Khan, 28, the knifeman who fatally stabbed two people in the capital on Friday afternoon before being shot dead by the police. Six of the nine men who were jailed at that trial had been released and were back on the streets,” adds the newspaper.
Read the full report here.
Original Story: November 30, 2019
The man who carried out Friday’s stabbing attack at London Bridge was a former prisoner convicted of terrorism offenses.
The attacker, named by police as 28-year-old Usman Khan, was out of prison on license at the time of the attack, in which a man and a woman were killed and three others were injured.
Khan was shot and killed by officers after members of the public restrained him.
DIRE WARNING: UK Security Minister Says Al Qaeda ‘Returning’ to Target European Airliners
The United Kingdom’s Security Minister warned this week that Osama Bin Laden’s al Qaeda terror network was revamping and “returning” to target European airliners and airports, according to the Times of London.
“Al-Qaeda is resurgent and seeking to carry out new terrorist atrocities against airliners and airports, the security minister Ben Wallace warned last night,” writes the Times.
“Wallace said intelligence had revealed that al-Qaeda was developing technology to bring down passenger jets. Whitehall officials say that could include miniaturised bombs. Islamists have also plotted to use drones packed with explosives to blow up key targets,” adds the article.
The warning comes as a major London airport was brought to standstill this week when at least two individuals used numerous drones to effectively stop all flights from arriving and departing.
Officials are vamping up security at airports and other transportation hubs throughout the United Kingdom.
Read the full report here.
GUNS, KNIVES, NOW CARS? London Mayor Seeks to ‘BAN CARS’ to Stop Terror Attacks
London Mayor Sadiq Khan unveiled his plan to help stem the prevalence of vehicular terror attacks throughout the UK capital Friday; announcing his proposal to “ban cars” in certain areas to help save pedestrians and bicyclists from future assaults.
According to Politico, Khan wants to “ban cars” from Parliament Square and other tourist hotspots throughout the city. Three people were injured outside Parliament Thursday after a man intentionally drove his vehicle into a group of bicyclists.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan said Wednesday he wants to ban cars from certain areas of Parliament Square in response to a suspected terror attack on Tuesday https://t.co/W7KrSE8V4B
— POLITICO (@politico) August 15, 2018
“I think there would be lots of challenges if we would do the whole square. It is a thoroughfare for cars, vehicles and commercial deliveries going through London,” Khan told the BBC. “So it’s possible to have a designed solution … in keeping our buildings and people as safe as we can do. And also not losing what is so wonderful about our city that is a vibrant democracy, people can walk around safely.”
Read the full story at Politico.