Fox News’ commentator Geraldo Rivera stopped by ‘Hannity’ Tuesday night to weigh-in on the ongoing controversy surrounding actor Jussie Smollett; saying the ‘Empire’ star “played us” by potentially perpetrating a hate-crime hoax.
“This guy played us. Race and racism and politics are inexplicably interwoven… African-Americans tend to gravitate towards the Democratic Party in huge numbers. A charge like this is so incendiary because it justified and re-affirmed the stereotype that people had,” said Rivera.
“The whole scenario with the noose and the bleach and invoking the President’s name. It was so patently obvious… yet we bought this guy’s unbelievable tale,” he added.
Watch Geraldo on Hannity above.
LIBERAL HOAX: 'Racial Slur' Found at Air Force Academy WRITTEN BY Victim
A racial slur scrawled outside a United States Air Force Academy dormitory earlier this year was written by one of the supposed victims, confirmed US authorities on Tuesday; raising serious concerns over how the media reported the incident and accusations the Trump administration was “stirring racial divide” within the military.
The slur was written outside the dorm room of five African-American students at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The subsequent coverage prompted the school’s superintendent to make a highly-lauded speech regarding racial diversity in the US armed forces.
According to Fox News, officials from the Academy confirmed the individual who wrote the slur was –in fact- one of the alleged victims.
“We can confirm that one of the cadet candidates who was allegedly targeted by racist remarks written outside of their dorm room was actually responsible for the act. The individual admitted responsibility and this was validated by the investigation,” said the written statement.
The revelation sheds new light on a string of incidents that occurred throughout the United States in the wake of President Trump’s election last November; with many instances of “racism” eventually determined to be a string of hoaxes.
BUSTED: Alleged Anti-Muslim HIJAB ATTACK Simply ‘Did Not Happen’
An alleged attack on an 11-year old Muslim girl as she walked to school in Toronto simply “did not happen” according to Canadian law enforcement, adding the anti-Muslim assault was a complete hoax and that the “investigation is now closed.”
The story made national headlines throughout Canada late last week, when the “victim” told local police that a man attempted to physically remove her hijab as she traveled to school with her younger sibling; attacking the child with a knife as he attempted to slash her religious head covering.
The 11-year old, her mother, and members of the Toronto District School Board held a highly-publicized press conference Friday, detailing the assault and describing the incident as a possible “hate crime.”
“These allegations were extremely serious and not surprisingly, they received national and international attention,” said a spokesperson for the Toronto police department.
“After a detailed investigation, police have determined that the events described in the original news release did not happen,” said their statement. “The investigation is concluded.”
Members of the school board released a brief statement on the incident, saying they are “very thankful that this assault did not in fact happen.”
Inside sources tell the CBC that the girl’s story fell-apart when investigators began probing the alleged assault, speaking with bystanders and sifting through closed-camera surveillance footage.
While law enforcement acknowledge it’s “very unusual” for an individual to make this sort of phony accusation, they confirmed the young girl will not face legal consequences.