President Trump slammed former Vice President Joe Biden from the White House Wednesday; saying his potential opponent was “never a smart guy” and is “less smart now than he ever was.”
“Biden’s son is corrupt and Biden is corrupt. And I’d rather run against Biden than almost any of those candidates. And I think they’ll all weak, but I think Biden has never been a smart guy and he’s less smart now than he ever was,” Trump told reporters.
President Trump: "Biden's son is corrupt and Biden is corrupt. And I'd rather run against Biden than almost any of those candidates. And I think they'll all weak, but I think Biden has never been a smart guy and he's less smart now than he ever was." pic.twitter.com/y2KFwKKoNV
— The Hill (@thehill) October 2, 2019
New polling released this week shows Elizabeth Warren may take the top spot as the Democratic frontrunner; topping Biden by 4% in a new national survey.
“Twenty-six percent of respondents who say they will vote in their Democratic presidential primary or caucus said Warren is their first choice, a 1-point bump from last week’s survey, while 22 percent said the same for Biden, down from 25 percent last week,” reports The Hill.
Bernie Sanders fell into third place with 14% of the vote.
“Warren also edges out Biden by 5 points among self-identified Democrats, 28 percent to 23 percent, though the poll shows a stiff competition for independents, with both Warren and Biden coming in at 20 percent and Sanders getting 18 percent among such voters,” adds the website.
Read the full report at The Hill.
AXELROD ON BIDEN: ‘He Either Can Cut It, Or He Can’t’
Democratic strategist David Axelrod weighed-in Thursday on Joe Biden’s potentially reduced campaign schedule; saying “this is bad advice” and claiming the former Vice President can “either cut it or he can’t.”
“This is bad advice. You can’t cloister the candidate and win. He either can cut it or he can’t, and the only way he can prove he can is to be an active and vigorous candidate. He’s running for president of the United States, for God’s sake!” posted Axelrod on social media.
This is bad advice. You can’t cloister the candidate and win.
He either can cut it or he can’t, and the only way he can prove he can is to be an active and vigorous candidate.
He’s running for president of the United States, for God’s sake!https://t.co/SCZmqVYapF
— David Axelrod (@davidaxelrod) August 15, 2019
Allies and political insiders close to Joe Biden are reportedly telling the former Vice President to scale back his campaign stops and speaking events; hoping the reduced schedule will minimize future speaking gaffes.
“Allies to Joe Biden have been floating the idea of altering the former vice president’s schedule in an effort to reduce the gaffes he has made in recent days,” reports The Hill. “The allies, growing increasingly nervous about Biden’s verbal flubs, have said it’s an approach that’s been suggested to campaign officials on the heels of the former vice president’s stumbles.”
“He needs to be a strong force on the campaign trail, but he also has to pace himself,” said one insider.
“I think you’ll see the same schedule and maybe even more Joe Biden,” one ally said. “Everyone wants to see Joe Biden be Joe Biden. If he’s held back in any way, that’s almost the antithesis of who he is.”
“I think it’s the wrong approach,” they added.
“Joe Biden has spoken his mind his entire life, which voters know and love about him,” said Biden’s deputy campaign manager. “He’s a real person, he’s authentic, and that will never change. He’s going to keep taking on Trump and making the case to voters about the stakes we face in this election, regardless of how the press chooses to cover him.”
President Trump routinely refers to Biden as “sleepy Joe.”
BACKFIRE: Trump Re-Election Campaign, GOP Raise $13 MILLION Since Pelosi’s Impeachment Push
President Trump’s re-election campaign and the Republican Party have reportedly raised $13 million since Nancy Pelosi announced her official impeachment push earlier this week.
“President Trump’s reelection campaign and the GOP have raised $13 million since Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Tuesday that House Democrats would launch a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump amid scrutiny over his interactions with Ukraine,” reports The Hill.
“A Trump campaign official confirmed the figure to The Hill, saying it represented funds raised by the campaign as well as the Republican National Committee (RNC),” adds the website.
A BIG thank you to @SpeakerPelosi and the Democrats – in the last 48 hours we have raised $8.5 million dollars in small dollar donations. People are sick of your nonsense but please keep it up — you are handing @realDonaldTrump the win in 2020! 🤛👍🇺🇸
— Eric Trump (@EricTrump) September 26, 2019
“A BIG thank you to @SpeakerPelosi and the Democrats – in the last 48 hours we have raised $8.5 million dollars in small dollar donations. People are sick of your nonsense but please keep it up — you are handing @realDonaldTrump the win in 2020!” posted Eric Trump on social media.
Read the full report at The Hill.
Original Story: September 24, 2019
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi officially endorsed an impeachment inquiry into President Trump Tuesday evening; announcing her plan after days of media speculation regarding the Commander-in-Chief’s private conversation with the leader of Ukraine.
WATCH LIVE: Pelosi to address growing calls to impeach Trump amid whistleblower complaint https://t.co/bsiIffPE7j
— PBS NewsHour (@NewsHour) September 24, 2019
“I am currently at the United Nations representing our Country, but have authorized the release tomorrow of the complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript of my phone conversation with President Zelensky of Ukraine,” posted Trump on Twitter. “You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure and, unlike Joe Biden and his son, NO quid pro quo! This is nothing more than a continuation of the Greatest and most Destructive Witch Hunt of all time!”
….You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure and, unlike Joe Biden and his son, NO quid pro quo! This is nothing more than a continuation of the Greatest and most Destructive Witch Hunt of all time!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 24, 2019
“The decision sets up an election season clash between Trump and Congress that seems certain to exacerbate the nation’s fierce partisan divides and inject deep uncertainty into the 2020 presidential contest. The probe is expected to focus in part on reports that Trump pressed Ukraine’s president to help investigate Democratic rival Joe Biden,” reports the Associated Press.
Read the full report here.