A stunning new report from the European Union’s law enforcement agency revealed Wednesday that the number of terror attacks inside the EU “more than doubled” in 2017; raising serious questions over how the influx of migrants has impacted local communities.
According to the Daily Caller, the report from Europol shows that the number of “jihadi terrorist attacks” in 2017 was more than double that of 2016; adding that 62 people were killed last year alone.
“The main threat is coming from foreign terrorist fighters even though the numbers … that are returning are quite low,” added one European security official. “Even though we suffer more attacks, they were less sophisticated.”
“Europol’s report found that vehicles were the most popular method for jihadis in carrying out the attacks. One example is when a van plowed into a crowd in Barcelona in 2017, killing 15 and injuring 131,” writes the DC.
Read the full report at the Daily Caller.
EUROPE BUCKS TRUMP: EU BANS Corporations from ‘Complying’ with US Policy on IRAN
Leaders across Europe are barring corporations and companies from “complying” with new American-backed sanctions on Iran; rebuking President Trump’s efforts to pressure the Islamic Republic into abandoning its weapons program.
“The European Union is committed to mitigating the impact of US sanctions on European businesses and taking steps to maintain the growth of trade and economic relations between the EU and Iran that began when sanctions were lifted,” the European Commission said in a statement.
“As long as the Iranians respect their commitments, the EU will of course stick to the agreement of which it was an architect,” added European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker.
The Commander-in-Chief broke with European allies earlier this month and officially withdrew the United States from the Iranian nuclear agreement; sparking outrage from Iranian leaders in Tehran.
“We will be instituting the highest level of economic sanction. Any nation that helps Iran in its quest for nuclear weapons could also be strongly sanctioned by the United States,” said the President earlier in May.
‘ALL OR NOTHING’: Iran THREATENS Europe Over Nuclear Agreement
The Foreign Minister of Iran threatened to completely withdraw from the multinational nuclear agreement Monday; warning European nations that there’s no “Plan B” should President Trump decide to withdraw from the accord.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Zarif posted the ominous message on social media this week, saying “it is either all or nothing” and his nation would cease complying with the pact should the United States abandon the deal.
“President Macron is correct in saying there’s no ‘Plan B’ on JCPOA. It’s either all or nothing. European leaders should encourage President Trump not just to stay in the nuclear deal, but more importantly to begin implementing his part of the bargain in good faith,” he tweeted.
President Macron is correct in saying there's no "Plan B" on JCPOA. It's either all or nothing. European leaders should encourage President Trump not just to stay in the nuclear deal, but more importantly to begin implementing his part of the bargain in good faith.
— Javad Zarif (@JZarif) April 23, 2018
The Iranian official’s comments come as French President Macron heads to DC to meet with President Trump, marking Trump’s first official state visit as Head-of-State.