The Daily Mail tried to get some answers from Alissa Heinerscheid, the former Bud Light marketing executive responsible for the disastrous Dylan Mulvaney partnership.
But she’s not allowed to speak about it.
From The Daily Mail:
Vice President Alissa Heinerscheid took a leave of absence earlier this year following the controversy around the brewing giant’s decision to use Mulvaney, 26, for the March Madness campaign.
Heinerscheid, 39, was not the only one to step down after the backlash which created the biggest corporate disaster in a decade – as the VP for Mainstream Brands, Daniel Blake, also removed himself from his role.
But their sudden departure appears premature after bosses said the decision to work with Mulvaney was made by an ‘outside agency without management awareness or approval.’
When approached by DailyMail.com regarding claims that she had no idea of the campaign, Heinerscheid declined to comment – but a friend said: ‘she’s not supposed to talk about it, she can’t’, before being whisked away.
Shortly before the blowback from the Mulvaney partnership, Heinerscheid gave an interview in which she described her efforts to move Bud Light away from a “fratty” and “out-of-touch” image.
A move that would prove to be a huge misstep for the company. Bud Light sales are down more than 30% with many grocery stores running promotions essentially giving the beer away.
24-packs of the untouchable beverage are going for as low as $3.49.
More over at The Daily Mail:
— Bo Snerdley (@BoSnerdley) June 1, 2023