District Attorneys in Manhattan and Westchester County requested information from New York State Attorney General Letitia James this week after she found Governor Andrew Cuomo “sexually harassed multiple women.”
“The district attorneys in Manhattan and Westchester County on Wednesday formally sought materials gathered for the state attorney general’s extensive report on alleged sexual harassment by New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, inquiries that could lead to new criminal investigations,” reports the Washington Post.
“The requests indicate that Cuomo (D) is now facing intense scrutiny from prosecutors in the wake of the report released Tuesday by Attorney General Letitia James, which found that Cuomo sexually harassed 11 women in violation of state and federal law,” adds the newspaper.
The District Attorney’s office in Albany, New York opened its own criminal probe into Governor Andrew Cuomo Tuesday.
“The DA’s office plans to request investigative materials from the state attorney general’s probe of his alleged harassment of 11 women, most of whom work or had worked for state government or related entities,” reports CNBC.
“News of the criminal investigation came hours after Attorney General Letitia James detailed a report substantiating the women’s claims that Cuomo has subjected them to unwanted touching and remarks that make them uncomfortable,” adds the financial website.
Comment from Albany County District Attorney David Soares Regarding NYS Attorney General Final Report on Governor Cuomo ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/aSVBNzhebf
— Albany County District Attorney's Office (@AlbanyCountyDA) August 3, 2021
NY Albany District Attorney David Soares confirms that there is an "ongoing criminal investigation" when it comes to @NYGovCuomo.
This is presumably in relation to the groping incident at the Governor's mansion that has been referred to Albany Police pic.twitter.com/1A7aPg1lCh
— Morgan Mckay (@morganfmckay) August 3, 2021
Cuomo dismissed a recent report from his own Attorney General Tuesday that found he “sexually harassed” multiple women; insisting he “never touched anyone inappropriately.”
“I never touched anyone inappropriately or made inappropriate sexual advances… That is not who I am and that is not who I have ever been,” said Cuomo from Albany.
Read the full report here.
CUOMO CASH GRAB: NY Governor to Hold $10,000 Per Ticket Fundraising Dinner in NYC
Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s re-election campaign is holding a pricey “summer reception” fundraiser, for which tickets will go at a Big Apple price of $10,000 per person — as the scandal-hit governor gears up for a potential re-election run.
The June 29 event, reported by multiple outlets including The New York Times and Bloomberg News, is marked as a “summer reception,” according to an invite sent out by Cuomo’s campaign, and offers a $10,000-per-person seat — or $15,000 for two.
Amid multiple overlapping investigations, @NYGovCuomo is planning an apparently in-person fundraiser later this month in New York City
$10,000 per person pic.twitter.com/Ho22IeF1Gr
— J. David Goodman (@jdavidgoodman) June 1, 2021
The event in New York City also has a “Host Committee” level available, although it is not clear what that involves. Cuomo’s campaign and the governor’s office did not immediately respond to Fox News’ requests for comment.
While Cuomo has not formally announced a re-election run, he has been hit by a number of scandals in recent months after he was initially hailed by media outlets as a hero in early 2020 for his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, he has faced ongoing scrutiny of an early order to send COVID patients to nursing homes, which was followed by allegations of a cover-up earlier this year when a top aide said his administration had withheld numbers about nursing home deaths for fear of them being “used against us.”
He was also rocked by a number of sexual harassment allegations from women, including former staff, as well as revelations that people connected to Cuomo were given special treatment at state coronavirus centers.
Read the full report at Fox News.
CUOMO DEFIANT: NY Gov Says He Will Not ‘Bow to Cancel Culture,’ Blasts ‘Reckless’ Democrats
Embattled New York Governor refused to resign Friday during a live conference call with members of the press; saying he was elected by “the people and not politicians” and he still “has a job to do.”
“I’m not going to resign. I was not elected by the politicians. I was elected by the people,” said the Governor. “This is all I’m going to say about this topic at the time. I have a job to do. I’ve been doing it for 11 years. Everything that I have learned I am bringing to the table at this moment.”
“That’s what I’m going to focus on,” he added. The people of this state have known me for 40 years,” he added.
“I won’t speculate about people’s possible motives but i can tell you as a former attorney general who has gone through this situation many times, there are often many motivations for making an allegation and that is why you need to know the facts before you make decision,” he said.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.