The new budget proposed by the Biden Administration includes an additional $1 billion for California’s failed ‘Bullet Train’ project that was scrapped for running over-budget and over-schedule.
“Tonight’s action by the federal government is further proof that California and the Biden-Harris Administration share a common vision — clean, electrified transportation that will serve generations to come. Restoring nearly $929 million in grant funding back to California’s High-Speed Rail project will continue to spur job creation, advance the project and move the state one step closer to getting trains running in California as soon as possible,” said Newsom.
— The Hill (@thehill) June 11, 2021
His recent remarks are in stark contrast to comments he made in February 2019.
“Let’s be real,” Newsom said. “The project, as currently planned, would cost too much and take too long … Right now, there simply isn’t a path to get from Sacramento to San Diego, let alone from San Francisco to LA. I wish there were.”
Read the full report at the Hill.
TOTAL RECALL: Newsom Says Recall Effort Has Enough Signatures, Eating Out Was ‘Terrible Mistake’
California Governor Gavin Newsom admitted the obvious during an interview with ‘The View’ Tuesday; saying it “appears” there are now enough signatures to force a mandatory recall vote and potentially oust him from office.
“Am I worried about it? Of course I’m worried about it,” Newsom said. “The nature of these things, the up or down question, the zero-sum nature of the question is challenging…so we’re taking it seriously.”
"Am I worried about it? Of course I'm worried about it," Newsom tells @TheView.
"The nature of these things, the up or down question, the zero-sum nature of the question is challenging…so we're taking it seriously." https://t.co/VQPtWw0qXe
— ABC News (@ABC) March 16, 2021
After receiving backlash for going against his own recommendations last year by attending a maskless, mostly indoor dinner at a restaurant while much of the state was on lockdown, California Gov. @GavinNewsom tells @TheView “it was a terrible mistake.” https://t.co/xOnQDip7Iu pic.twitter.com/xr83eMn5tg
— The View (@TheView) March 16, 2021
“This one appears to have the requisite signatures,” the Democratic governor said.
“I’ve only been in office 25 months, just 25 months there’s been six efforts to put a recall on the ballot. This one appears to have the requisite signatures. This started before the pandemic,” he said. “If you look at the list of grievances from the proponents of this campaign, it goes to our values, it’s less about me, it’s more about California and our values, Democratic Party values.”
“I have to do my job every single day, but I’m gonna fight this thing because I’m gonna fight for California values and the things I hold dear,” he added.
Watch Newsom’s admission above.
TOTAL RECALL: Petition to Recall Newsom Hits 1.5M Signatures, Number Needed to be on the Ballot
The movement to recall California Governor Gavin Newsom reached a major milestone Tuesday; passing the 1.5 million signatures needed to place the initiative on the ballot sometime this summer.
‘Recall Newsom’ campaign reaches 1.5M threshold, ‘verification’ awaits to prompt special election https://t.co/PIYH1SuTHs
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) February 16, 2021
The Governor’s approval rating has plunged 18 points in the last four months.
Furious residents blame Newsom for the rise in crime, homelessness, illegal immigration, and erratic measures to slow the spread of CoVID while ignoring the needs of local businesses and restaurants.