Authorities in the United Kingdom warned residents Monday of an “increased” risk of terror attacks launched by Islamic militants against the UK within the next two years, saying the threat remains at a “heightened level.”
A spokesperson for the Interior Ministry issued the stark assessment on the first anniversary of a brutal attack in London that left eight people dead; saying the current threat level of “severe” will remain for the next two years and could possibly escalate to “critical” in the coming months.
“In summary we expect the threat from Islamist terrorism to remain at its current, heightened level for at least the next two years, and that it may increase further,” the ministry said in a statement.
“The threat from terrorism is constantly evolving. Globally, terrorist groups and networks of all ideologies continue to develop organically, exploiting social media, technology and science to further their aims and ambitions,” the ministry added.
“The government is absolutely committed to doing everything possible to tackle the terrorist threat. It is my first priority every day in this job,” said Interior Minister Sajid Javid.
Read the full report here.
ISIS THREATENS NYC: The Terror Group Calls for STRIKES on SUBWAY
A disturbing new ISIS propaganda pamphlet has the New York City Police Department on edge, with the terror group now directly calling for strikes on the Big Apple’s mass transit system.
The chilling poster shows an ISIS fighter stalking New York’s High Street-Brooklyn Bridge subway station, saying “You will not expect where we will attack.”
The international terror group has ratcheted up its propaganda war against the West in recent weeks; calling for strikes in Paris, London, and vowing to attack the World Cup soccer competition in Russia.
“Wafa Media Foundation specialises in these types of graphics. Wafa’s threat, like others recently issued by pro-ISIS media groups, is a specific attack directive within a larger push by ISIS for lone wolf attacks as it rapidly loses territory in Iraq and Syria,’ Rita Katz, director of the SITE Intelligence Group, told the Daily Mail.
Read the full story here.
STAY HOME: Mayor of LONDON Says Trump 'Not Welcome' in UK
The liberal mayor of London, an outspoken opponent of President Trump, said the Commander-in-Chief would “not be welcomed” in the UK capital; repeating his call for Prime Minister Theresa May to cancel Trump’s visit to the staunch American ally.
Mayor Sadiq Khan made his incendiary comments in a written statement, responding to the London Assembly’s request on how the city’s government would prepare for an official state visit from the President.
“What will you do to make the President of the United States, our greatest friend and ally, feel welcome when he comes to visit London in February 2018?” asked an assembly member earlier this month.
“As Mayor, I will always speak up to protect the interests and security of Londoners. I have previously called on Theresa May to cancel her ill-judged offer of a state visit to President Trump,” responded Khan. “After the latest incident, where President Trump used twitter to promote a vile, extremist group that exists solely to sow division and hatred in our country, it is clear that any official visit here would not be welcomed.”
“Many Brits who love both America and Americans, as I do, will see recent comments made by President Trump as hardly in tune with the special relationship between our two countries,” he added. “London is a beacon of tolerance, acceptance and diversity, and Mr Trump has demonstrated time and time again that his views are completely incompatible with the values Londoners hold dear.”
The feud between Khan and President Trump dates back to last summer, when the President harshly criticized the mayor’s “pathetic excuse” regarding a deadly terror attack in the UK capital.
“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed!'” tweeted Trump.
h/t Breitbart News