A federal judge delayed the sentencing of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn Tuesday afternoon; halting the proceedings for at least 90 days after Flynn confirmed his guilty plea of lying to FBI agents.
“Flynn’s sentencing hearing was abruptly delayed shortly thereafter, as Judge Emmet Sullivan warned Flynn that if he did not postpone the hearing the judge might give him time in jail,” writes CNBC.
Prosecutors don't object to delay FLYNN sentencing 90 days, after repeated offers from Sullivan
— Jason Seher (@jhseher) December 18, 2018
“I cannot assure you that if you proceed today, you will not receive a sentence of incarceration,” Judge Emmet Sullivan told the former Trump advisor should he refuse to accept the delay and proceed with sentencing.
“If you want to postpone this, and come back at some later point … that’s fine with me,” said the judge. “I have to caution you that the sentence imposed today may not be the same sentence you would get after cooperation ends.
Read the full story here.
COMEY’S ADMISSION: Former FBI Boss Says He BROKE PROTOCOL During Michael Flynn Interview
Disgraced former FBI chief James Comey admitted this week that he broke standard procedure by sending two FBI agents to directly interview former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn at the White House; confirming “I sent them.”
“Former FBI Director James Comey admitted in a recent interview that he personally made the decision to send a pair of agents to interview President Trump’s national security adviser Michael Flynn in 2017, and acknowledged the arrangement was not typical for dealing with a White House official,” writes Fox News.
Comey went on to call the move “something I probably wouldn’t have done or maybe gotten away with in a more … organized administration.”
“If the FBI wanted to send agents into the White House itself to interview a senior official, you would work through the White House counsel, and there would be discussions and approvals and who would be there,” he added. “I thought: ‘It’s early enough, let’s just send a couple guys over.’”
Read the full report at Fox News.
BOMBSHELL: Susan Rice Admits She 'Unmasked' Senior Trump Officials
Former National Security Advisor Susan Rice told members of the House Intelligence Committee she intentionally “unmasked” senior Trump associates because of a meeting held between campaign officials and a crown prince from the United Arab Emirates.
According to CNN, Rice told lawmakers in a private hearing that Obama officials requested the identities of Trump’s aides because they were concerned over a New York City meeting between a U.A.E. Sheikh and those with close ties to Trump’s transition team.
The Sheikh reportedly met with Michael Flynn, Jared Kushner, and Steve Bannon in New York City on December 15th.
Rice said the Obama administration was interested in the meeting because other U.A.E. officials intentionally concealed the visit from American officials; raising alarm bells over the nature of the trip and whether it related to “foreign collusion” in the 2016 presidential election.
The former National Security Advisor admitted to the House Intelligence Committee that she specifically requested the “unmasking” of Americans who were mentioned in intelligence reports associated with the visit.
Earlier this year, Susan Rice denied she intentionally revealed the identities of senior Trump officials, saying “The allegation is that somehow the Obama administration officials utilized intelligence for political purposes […] That’s absolutely false.”
h/t Daily Caller