A US District Court in Georgia moved Tuesday to temporarily block President Biden’s COVID vaccine mandate for federal contractors; an order that applies to millions of workers across the country.
“The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia said the Associated Builders and Contractors, a trade group that represents the construction industry, are likely correct that President Joe Biden exceeded his authority under the Procurement Act when he issued the mandate,” reports CNBC.
“In its practical application, it operates as a regulation of public health,” District Judge R. Stan Baker wrote in the order. “It will also have a major impact on the economy at large, as it limits contractors’ and members of the workforce’s ability to perform work on federal contracts. Accordingly, it appears to have vast economic and political significance,” Baker wrote.
The order comes as New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio unveiled another vaccine mandate in the nation’s largest city, extending the requirement to all private employees.
“As of today, we’re announcing a first-in-the-nation measure. Our Health Commissioner will announce a vaccine mandate for private sector employers across the board,” said the outgoing mayor.
“We may have some other measures as well,” he added.
NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) announces the first vaccine mandate for all private sector workers to combat Omicron. pic.twitter.com/4xEB2IzN12
— The Recount (@therecount) December 6, 2021
“We in New York City have decided to use a preemptive strike, to really do something bold to stop the further growth of COVID and the dangers it’s causing to all of us,” de Blasio said in an interview with MSNBC. “So as of today, we’re going to announce a first-in-the-nation measure. Our health commissioner will announce a vaccine mandate for private sector employers across the board.”
Read the full report at CNBC.
'ROUTINE ERROR': 6,700 North Carolina Residents ‘Incorrectly Told They Have Coronavirus’ via Text
Nearly 7,000 residents in North Carolina were told via text message last week that they tested positive for the Coronavirus despite not actually having contracted the disease.
“More than 6,700 individuals in Mecklenburg County in North Carolina were told in a text message sent from Mecklenburg County Health Department on Friday that they tested positive for COVID-19 and over 500 people were told through a county email that they were also infected with the novel coronavirus. But the results were incorrect due to a technical error by Health Space, the company they use for contact tracing, according to a statement on the county’s website,” reports Fox News.
“An error during routine maintenance last Friday resulted in a county data vendor sending erroneous texts and email messages to people saying they were positive for COVID-19,” the statement on the county website said.
“Very quickly we began to work with the vendor to understand the issue and make sure that it did not continue. Once corrected we were told that 6,727 text messages and 541 emails were sent to individuals who were already in their system. We then worked with the vendor to send a corrected text/email to all that received the erroneous one,” the email stated in part.
Read the full report here.
'SICKENING': Backlash Grows Against Denver Democrat Who Supported Spreading Coronavirus at MAGA Rallies
Denver’s Democratic Councilwoman Candi CdeBaca is facing a growing backlash on social media this week after calling for those sick with the deadly Coronavirus to intentionally spread the disease at ‘Make America Great Again’ rallies.
“Democrat Denver Councilwoman Candi CdeBaca says that she stands in ‘solidarity’ with someone who says that they if they get the coronavirus that they will attend as many Trump rallies as possible She appears to have made the statement on her government Twitter account,” posted a reporter with the Daily Wire.
These people are sick. https://t.co/74mEIJDOpa
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) March 3, 2020
“These people are sick,” posted Donald Trump Jr.
“This elected Democrat in Colorado doesn’t seem very nice!” the Trump campaign War Room Twitter account posted in response.
— Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) March 3, 2020
Read the full report here.
Source: Fox News